VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Almost ready to render but playback is lagging in the Preview Window

I have made a video, about an hour long, with video clips, photos, text, soundtrack... When I play back the timeline, almost always, usually at or near transitions, the video stalls, jerks, stutters. Not everywhere, but always at least in some places.Then sometimes it doesn't. I'm afraid that when I finally render to movie that the movie will also display these anomalies. Is here something I can do before rendering to reduce this apparent problem? Or when I render, will it all be OK?
Thanks for any and all suggestions!
Last Edit:17 Jan 2017 19:41 by Don Pedro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi Don Pedro

This is normal behaviour in any editing program, to see lag during playback while on the timeline.
You're expecting your computer to be able to process in real time, what can take 3 to 10 times the amount of time during the actual render.
Once your project is rendered, the video created will play back smoothly through entire video.

Please read/watch this tutorial for more explanations:
Zen Tip #3: Why Is The Preview Window Lagging So Much in Sony Vegas?

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Don Pedro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.764 seconds