VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Intro Templates

• Michel
  • Michel's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5
  • Thank you received: 32

Intro Templates was created by Michel

Posted 25 Jan 2017 03:59 #1
Hi everyone,

I've been looking at intro templates on Youtube. First time I've seen them or paid attention. They're all over. So I did find a way to DL and edit them. The problem is that it seems to be done with Vegas Pro. A few are made with MSP13 and could be edited with that version of Vegas. Would I have to upgrade to Pro 14 for example or is there another way? Thanks for the help.

Michel
by Michel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Intro Templates

Posted 25 Jan 2017 05:19 #2
Hi Michel,

Your findings are pretty much the same as mine. There is one exception, but very thin. If the intro is a video file (mp4, wmv, avi, etc) then you can bring that into Movie Studio and place text, etc, on top of it using it as basically a background (if there isn't already something in the video that you don't want). However, most template intros are simply a project file with various parts and the idea is to edit them to conform to your specifications, such as changing the text.

There may be another option. There is a free program called "Movie Studio / Vegas Pro Version Faker" that claims to take a Vegas Pro project and convert it to a Movie Studio project. [strike]I have never used this[/strike] and I think there are some restrictions on what it will convert. For example, if there are FX's, third party add-ons, or features in the Vegas Pro project that are not available in the Movie Studio version you are using, there is no way this program converter will be able to overcome that condition. However, for simple projects this may work for you very well. A search for "Focus On Vegas" should get the link, as I think it is "focusonvegas.com", and then there find the 'Movie Studio / Vegas Pro version Faker'.

EDIT: I just downloaded and tried this application. I didn't put anything fancy in the Vegas Pro 13 project, just a couple source media files, saved the project. Then used the faker converter. Then pulled up the Vegas Pro test project, which file name was changed from 'Faker-Test.veg' to 'Faker-Test.vf' into Movie Studio 13 Platinum and it worked fine. If you don't know which version of Vegas Pro the template was made with, you may have to try several conversions to find one that works.

This is just an idea, which may work very slick, or may be more time and effort that it is worth!
Best Regards......George
Last Edit:25 Jan 2017 13:49 by Eagle Six
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Michel
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5

Replied by Michel on topic Intro Templates

Posted 26 Jan 2017 01:37 #3
Hi George,

I will definitely look for this application, try it and let you know what I think about it.

Great info George, thanks for your input.

Michel
by Michel

• Michel
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5

Posted 26 Jan 2017 01:57 #4
Hi George,

Just visited the focusonvegas.com web site. I was ready to DL the application when I noticed the site was asking for a code which could be acquired by a small donation. I have nothing against that if I know what product I'm getting, how it works, are there any glitches, etc. Did you have to donate to get this program? You tried it, what would be a suitable donation?

Thanks George

Michel
by Michel

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Intro Templates

Posted 26 Jan 2017 02:38 #5
Hi Michel,

I did not make a donation, although if I was going to use the application for a purpose other than testing I probably would. In the area asking for a password, these are his instructions, which worked for me.

Password (without the quotes) : “I consider a small donation”
Best Regards......George

• Michel
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5

Posted 27 Jan 2017 00:03 #6
Thanks again George. I will do that and see what happens.

Michel
by Michel

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 1.227 seconds