VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved How to turn off zoom edit tool in Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13.0

• JonnyD
  • JonnyD's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Thank you received: 2
I was trying to key frame a zoom in pan/crop and clicked on edit zoom tool accidentally (not that it matters). Now I cannot turn off the zoom edit tool. So instead of my cursor appearing when I hover over the image field in pan/crop, I get the magnifying glass. I have tried CTRL + D which didn't work. I have closed the program and re-opened it which didn't work. Zoom edit tool is still selected. How do I turn it off?
Last Edit:25 Jan 2017 13:50 by JonnyD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi JonnyD

Just press D only, to cycle through all the different Edit Modes, not CTRL + D.

D cycles through edit modes.
Shift + D goes back through edit modes.

You can also go to the Edit menu (top menu) and select Editing Tool from there.

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:25 Jan 2017 13:50 by DoctorZen

• JonnyD
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2

Replied by JonnyD on topic How to turn off zoom edit tool in Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13.0

Posted 25 Jan 2017 14:05 #3
Didn't work. I re-opened program, made sure the "video head" is over the jpeg on the timeline, clicked on the pan/crop tool in the jpeg clip on the timeline. The pan/crop window opens. The Zoom edit tool is still selected >:( . Even when I press "D" on my keyboard, nothing happens.
by JonnyD

• JonnyD
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2

Replied by JonnyD on topic How to turn off zoom edit tool in Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13.0

Posted 25 Jan 2017 15:23 #4
I solved problem by holding down CTRL + SHIFT while opening the program and clearing out the cache.
by JonnyD

Maybe I'm missing something here but to get out of Zoom tool I would simply click on an alternative like the Normal button underneath the timeline? Only one type of tool can be active.
by ericlnz

Replied by vkmast on topic How to turn off zoom edit tool in Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13.0

Posted 25 Jan 2017 21:31 #6
Eric, MSP does have its quirks and things don't always work the way the should. Don't know if it's me or MS faulty, but nowadays I need to reset my (S)MSP 13 more often than I'd like to.
by vkmast

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.831 seconds