VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Question Random frame jumps in a rendered 4k video

Random frame jumps in a rendered 4k video was created by Plummet

Posted 14 Feb 2017 04:24 #1
Hello. I tried rendering a 4k video composed of several videos I shot in 4k. What I got was a horrible jumping frames mess, with some old frames repeating randomly and ruining the whole video. I tried different settings and lowering project's FPS (my videos got about 26-27 FPS, so I used 25 for the project)- but it only made it worse. In preview window though everything is fine. What can it be and how do I solve this? Thanks in advance
My Movie Studio version is 13.
by Plummet

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Random frame jumps in a rendered 4k video

Posted 14 Feb 2017 18:56 #2
Hi Plummet

I assume you are using Movie Studio Platinum 13 ?

What is the original Frame Rate of your 4K videos ?
Please download Media Info tool from here:
mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo
Open one of your videos, then take a screen shot from the Tree View and upload to the forum, so we can see the properties of your video.

For 4K video to work properly in Movie Studio, you must make sure it is set to produce "easier to play" Proxy Video versions.
Go to Options/Preferences/Video
Automatically create video proxies for Ultra HD video, should be turned on.
When you import each video, the program will render the proxies.

You must also make sure the Preview Window is set to Draft or Preview quality, to show the Proxy versions while you edit.
If you have the Preview Window set to Good or Best, proxies will be bypassed and large 4K file versions will play instead. This will cause HUGE lag while editing, so make sure to set to Preview quality while editing and you should notice a difference.

I would still like to see a readout of your 4K file properties before commenting any further.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:17 Feb 2017 23:12 by DoctorZen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.793 seconds