VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Why is the resolution in my preview window terrible even though in previous projects it is fine?

I am currently using Movie Studio Platinum 12 and for some reason only yesterday the preview window seems to have given up. The resolution has plummeted to the point I can't continue work on new projects. Also even if I go into old projects and add new media although all of the other clips seem to be alright but the new clips are low-res and unworkable, even though when i render the movie or view the original clip in windows media player its fine. I've been considering reinstalling but i'd like a second opinion to save time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi Walesdark and welcome to the MSZ Forum.

It sounds like you need to adjust the Preview Window quality settings.

Best (Full) shows the native resolution of your videos, however this can also make your video lag during playback on the timeline.
Best or Good = sharper image and works better on more powerful computers.
Preview or Draft = good settings for editing with lots of effects added and better for low powered computers.
All options have an Auto setting, which checks you CPU and sets to what should work best.

Lower settings = smoother playback.

Preview quality settings do not affect final rendered video quality!

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:24 Feb 2017 19:46 by DoctorZen
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Walesdark

I've found that Preview, Auto is the best setting when editing. This allows smooth playback whereas Best, Full causes lag and not easy with which to work.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.748 seconds