VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved How to render to TV broadcast

How to render to TV broadcast was created by Behold the Savior

Posted 04 Mar 2017 04:44 #1
I need help ASAP. How do I render for TV broadcast in the US for Movie Studio 11. The television station gave me information and I can't seem to match it up in Movie Studio. I have included their specs in as an attachment. I have no problem rendering for internet or anything else but I can't seem to find the correct render settings for the TV station.

Attachment not found

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic How to render to TV broadcast

Posted 05 Mar 2017 19:55 #2
Hello there

I can guess that Movie Studio 11 will be way too basic for the purposes you require.
Movie Studio 11 is the most basic version of all versions and not intended for outputting broadcast ready video.
More than likely, you will need something like Vegas Pro or access to different computer to render your final video.

Please try again and upload your attachment that shows specs for what they are asking for.
*There was no attachment in your message.

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

Replied by Behold the Savior on topic How to render to TV broadcast

Posted 06 Mar 2017 06:31 #3
I was afraid it may not be possible with my current version. I have attempted to attach the specs again. I appreciate any further input.

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Attachments:

Replied by Eagle Six on topic How to render to TV broadcast

Posted 06 Mar 2017 07:10 #4
Hi Behold the Savior,

I have Movie Studio 12 and 13 Platinum. I do not have, nor am I familiar with version 11. However in either 12 or 13 I have the option to 'Save to Hard Drive' and then 'Customize Template'. Within Custom Template I have at least 2 choice which may fit the required format: MainConcept MPEG2 and DNxHD for 1080 HD. If you have the MPEG2 template it should default to I-Frame, and you can set the Bit Rate to Constant 60,000,000 or 80,000,000 depending on the frame size (HDV or Full HD).

The Avid DNxHD codec is available to download. It is a higher quality codec than the MPEG2, but depending on your source media may be unnecessary and overkill. If your source is 4:2:0, I would go with the MPEG2. If your source is 4:2:2, I would select the DNxHD. Again, these may not be option in version 11, so this may or may not be of any help. Derek is much more knowledgeable about these matters than I am.
Best Regards......George

Posted 06 Mar 2017 08:25 #5
Thanks but unless I am missing something I don't see the custom templates. I see many pre-set templates and I have only found one that will even kind of work but as I watch my show on tv it seems compressed and of low quality. They only can broadcast at standard def so I may be going overkill for that. The setting I am using is the Sony AVC/MVC (*.mp4;*.m2ts;*.avc) Internet 1920X1080-30p. Is there something better I can/should be using. All of my camera settings (ie frame rate etc...) all seem to e where they should be. I really appreciate the help. I love vegas and am familiar with it and want to avoid going to adobe if I can help it.

Replied by Eagle Six on topic How to render to TV broadcast

Posted 06 Mar 2017 09:41 #6
I don't think I will be of much more help, as I'm not familiar with Movie Studio 11. I caution, as Dr. Zen has already stated that Movie Studio 11 is so basic that it might not work for you, although when he looks at the specs you have attached maybe there is a format that would work. I know in version 13 they sold a basic version, platinum version and suite version. The platinum and suite were the same with extra programs included in the suite, but the basic version of 13 is probably like version 11, and that is well, basic. But if Dr. Zen thinks that Movie Studio 13 Platinum or the just released Movie Studio 14 would work for you, that may be an alternative as the price is much lower than Vegas Pro, although I have Vegas Pro 13 and know that has the render format to fulfill your TV broadcast requirements.
Best Regards......George

Posted 06 Mar 2017 11:50 #7
Thank you very much.
Last Edit:25 Mar 2017 19:44 by Behold the Savior

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.916 seconds