VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved MS Platinum 14 not opening video clips with "Add Media" function

• Kerry
  • Kerry's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi. Just bought and installed MS 14 Platinum and am trying to use the "Add Media" button in the upper left area of the screen to import video clips but MS gives me an error message saying there may be a missing codec or the video is corrupt. I am having this trouble with .avi and .mp4. I am not all techy: just a basic WIndows user. I don't know anything about codecs and formats. I just want the program to work. I have Any Video Converter if there is some other format that MS prefers....Thanks, Kerry
by Kerry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hello Kerry

The videos you are trying to import are using a video codec that is not supported by the program.
.avi and .mp4 are generic file containers for many possible video codecs.
This means your videos are speaking a non-standard language.

Where are your videos coming from ?

Most videos shot with name brand cameras will open OK in Movie Studio.
Most cameras record to AVCHD, XAVC or .MP4.

Video downloaded from file sharing websites or recorded with generic "no name/cheap" video cameras, can be problematic.
You have two options:
1. Try a different recording mode in you camera - most cameras offer many different output modes.
2. Convert your video into a Movie Studio friendly format like H.264 codec using .mp4 file extension.

You can use Any Video Converter to convert your videos.

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:25 Mar 2017 19:44 by DoctorZen
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kerry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.822 seconds