VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved MS14 and Hitfilm FX plugins

MS14 and Hitfilm FX plugins was created by BlackSands

Posted 06 Mar 2017 11:42 #1
After installing MS14 I opened up a work-in-progress that was started in MS13. I immediately discovered that the Hitfilm plugins I'd used were now no longer available. In fact none show up at all. Looking through the VEGAS sub-folders I see under "OFX Video Plug-Ins" there is actually a file "HitFilmVegasBasic.ofx", and digging deeper I see a list of plugins names listed with the suffix ".hfpl". Under the corresponding MS13 folder though the file is called "HitFilm.ofx" and it includes a somewhat different selection of FX - including ones I'd used in this MS13 project: GLEAM and GLOW.

So, there's two issues:
1 - the HitFilm plugins that are supposed to be present in MS14 don't appear to be showing up for me.
2 - the HitFilm plugin selection differs to that of MS13 so the ones I actually want are no longer included.

One thing I did regarding the second issue was to simply copy the contents of the OSX folder from MS13 into the corresponding location under MS14's VEGAS folder. This seemed to work and I now have my MS13 selection of HF plugins appearing in MS14.

Just wondered if anyone had any thoughts on this?
| Movie Studio 17 / VEGAS Pro 19/20) | Intel i5-3.8gHz | 16Gb | nVidia GTX1030 | NewBlue Transistions 5/TotalFX7 |

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Videome on topic MS14 and Hitfilm FX plugins

Posted 07 Mar 2017 23:04 #2

BlackSands wrote: I immediately discovered that the Hitfilm plugins I'd used were now no longer available. In fact none show up at all.
Just wondered if anyone had any thoughts on this?

I had the same problem, HitFilm plug ins which I use for drop shadow have gone in version 14. I wrote to Magix to complain and this is all i got back

"Movie Studio 14 Platinum.
This version does not come with the Hitfilm Tool Kit pack, NewBlue Titler FX or the Vasco da Gama."
by Videome

Replied by BlackSands on topic MS14 and Hitfilm FX plugins

Posted 08 Mar 2017 07:52 #3

Videome wrote: I had the same problem, HitFilm plug ins which I use for drop shadow have gone in version 14. I wrote to Magix to complain and this is all i got back

"Movie Studio 14 Platinum.
This version does not come with the Hitfilm Tool Kit pack, NewBlue Titler FX or the Vasco da Gama."

I have VMS14 Platinum. With it I definitely got Vasco da Gama 9, and I can see there's a Hitfilm entry under the OSX plugins folder but I'm now wondering if this is in fact a 'leftover' from the demo version of 'VMS 14 Suite' that I'd downloaded previously? :huh:

There's no mention of HitFilm on their product comparison chart:
www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/vegas-movie-studio/product-comparison/

. :?
| Movie Studio 17 / VEGAS Pro 19/20) | Intel i5-3.8gHz | 16Gb | nVidia GTX1030 | NewBlue Transistions 5/TotalFX7 |
Last Edit:08 Mar 2017 07:52 by BlackSands

Posted 09 Mar 2017 02:13 #4

BlackSands wrote: I have VMS14 Platinum. With it I definitely got Vasco da Gama 9, and I can see there's a Hitfilm entry under the OSX plugins folder but I'm now wondering if this is in fact a 'leftover' from the demo version of 'VMS 14 Suite' that I'd downloaded previously?

I am sure you are right there. I had a 'HitFilm' folder too, but no means of doing anything with it. Prior to my VMS_14 purchase I had a trial of 'Magix Movie Edit Pro'. It had 'Vasco de whatsit' with it but after the trial completed, old Vasco, he was gone!
by Videome

Posted 09 Mar 2017 12:53 #5
It's just the HitFilm stuff I no longer have... Vasco was part of the download links that was emailed to me when I purchased Platinum. Not that I've actually bothered downloading though, or Music Maker for that matter. Can't ever see me using either of them.

Posted 09 Mar 2017 21:37 #6
Just another quirk to remove what we all had originally. I have the same thoughts regarding the Music Maker. I have not got the inclination to sit and manually create music beat by beat or bar by bar. 'Sound forge is the best product that came with my version 12 Suite. Its brilliant for cutting out musical snippets to support DVD & Blu-Ray menus. Old Vasco Da Gamma is a novelty thing that works OK for travelogues or holiday videos.
by Videome

Posted 12 Mar 2017 10:17 #7
The main reason I don't have an interest in using Music Maker is that I am actually a record producer/audio engineer so I use something a little more sophisticated for my music production! :)

But yeah, it seems VMS14 is very much been a case of "give a little, take a little"...
Last Edit:25 Mar 2017 20:03 by BlackSands

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.786 seconds