VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved A DVD with "Special Features"

A DVD with "Special Features" was created by frankmlucas

Posted 02 Jun 2014 03:38 #1
I have an hour-long video with chapter markers. I know how to make an Architect menu for it. I watched your video on how to make an video that plays before the Main Menu. So ...

I'd like to have a few videos that are in a Special Features submenu. I'm not confident I know how to do this without one feature playing after another. I want each feature to end and return to the Special Features Menu.

And ya know what would be a real treat? If the Special Features menu selections highlight dropped down the list as each feature ended. You know, after number one feature finished number two feature was highlighted on the menu.
Sleep is the best meditation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic A DVD with "Special Features"

Posted 02 Jun 2014 12:26 #2
Give me some time to work on this.
I need to do some of my own work for a bit first.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Posted 16 Jun 2014 00:32 #3
Sorry I could not get back to you any sooner. The amount of requests I get is overwhelming sometimes, because I have to spend time to think out each question and give a proper answer.

1. There is nothing special you have to do, to achieve your first request.
2. There is no way to do your 2nd request, however you may find that your DVD Player will actually do the job for you.

Here are screen shots from a dummy project, showing how to set up request No.1

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Attachments:

Replied by frankmlucas on topic A DVD with "Special Features"

Posted 30 Sep 2014 13:48 #4
Thanks for taking the time. One more question on this one: What kind of file is inserted? That is to say, do I 'Render As ...' in Movie Studio to create an AVI to insert or can I use 'Make Movie'. 'Make Movie' has better sound quality, I think. Oh, and my bonus features have Movie Studio markers in them that I'd like to keep. (Though I guess I could make the markers in DVD Architect)..
Sleep is the best meditation.
Last Edit:30 Sep 2014 13:50 by frankmlucas

Posted 30 Sep 2014 14:04 #5
I don't know exactly what you mean by "inserted".
I will assume you are asking about Importing videos into DVDA.
There are a stack of new tutorials on the website showing how to Render/Make Movie for DVDA. I thought you had already read/watched them.
All video for DVDs must be encoded to MPEG2 - I have never mentioned anything about .avi's.
Render As / Make Movie is the exact same thing.
If you render your videos correctly in Movie Studio, any Markers you have added will appear in DVDA automatically.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.896 seconds