VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Wrong thumbnails showing in project media

• Videome
  • Videome's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4
  • Thank you received: 67

Wrong thumbnails showing in project media was created by Videome

Posted 28 Mar 2017 02:37 #1
The Project media display is showing the wrong thumbnails in VMS 14, giving the impression you have media in use unrelated to the actual project media. I started by cleaning Tools>Clean Project media, no effect.

I think this is an old problem. I have also tried to clear the media pool cache in C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Local\Movie Studio Platimun\14.0\Media Pool Thumbnails. Unfortunately, the problem persists. Anyone have any ideas how to attack this irritating problem? Is there another location where I can reset/clear or generally give VMS 14 a re-direction order to show only related thumbnails for the current project?
by Videome

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by vkmast on topic Wrong thumbnails showing in project media

Posted 28 Mar 2017 04:35 #2
Indeed, it seems like the old problem from a couple of versions back, which was supposed to be fixed. I don't remember seeing this mentioned in the many reports of issues with MVMSP 14 on the Magix Vegas forum. I recommend you take this to the Magix Vegas tech support as advised here . An update has been promised for mid to late April.
Last Edit:28 Mar 2017 04:36 by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, Videome

Replied by ericlnz on topic Wrong thumbnails showing in project media

Posted 28 Mar 2017 09:50 #3
Yes I've come across this. But I found a quick fix that worked for me. Drag one of the offending items from media pane to timeline. Click elsewhere on the timeline then click the undo button to remove the added clip. Then by magic my media pane thumbs corrected themselves!!
by ericlnz
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, Videome

• Videome
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4

Replied by Videome on topic Wrong thumbnails showing in project media

Posted 28 Mar 2017 19:40 #4
Thank you VKMAST, I have posted a problem report this morning.
Last Edit:28 Mar 2017 19:43 by Videome

• Videome
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4

Posted 28 Mar 2017 19:42 #5

ericlnz wrote: Drag one of the offending items from media pane to timeline. Click elsewhere on the timeline then click the undo button to remove the added clip. Then by magic my media pane thumbs corrected themselves!!

Thank you, that trick worked, like you say Magic! Perhaps it should have been 'MAGIX' that fixed it.
Last Edit:28 Mar 2017 20:53 by Videome

Replied by ericlnz on topic Wrong thumbnails showing in project media

Posted 28 Mar 2017 21:11 #6
Yes quite amazing isn't it.

Another similar but more serious problem I experienced in MS12 or 13 (I forget which) was clips on the timeline not only changing their thumb but also the media. In their Properties Video Event tab the correct Active take name would be shown, but the Media tab would show a different source file which was the same as the thumb image. It happened to about four clips and I put it down to MS vf file corruption. I think I deleted them from the project, then reintroduced them. Alternatively in the Media Pane I may have right clicked on the clip and selected Replaced. It was unsettling at the time because if I hadn't noticed the changes I could have rendered with the wrong files!
by ericlnz

• Videome
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4

Posted 28 Mar 2017 22:33 #7

ericlnz wrote: Another similar but more serious problem I experienced in MS12 or 13 (I forget which) was clips on the timeline not only changing their thumb but also the media.

I have a vague recollection of something happening like that. I think I put that down to a corrupt project and recreated it by copying and pasting events not corrupted into a new project. Its a long while ago.
by Videome

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.788 seconds