VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Still Having Frame Skips in MSP 13

• Petey
  • Petey's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 0

Still Having Frame Skips in MSP 13 was created by Petey

Posted 14 Apr 2017 01:55 #1
so i play Arma 3, PUBG, and Rocket League mostly. still having issues making a movie with no skips in it or it just being blurry at times. I have changed the movie settings and tried multiple settings, nothing working. here is how i have it set up. I dont have issues using Movie Maker so im assuming there is a solution cuz this program is far superior in many ways i think. Please help!!

prntscr.com/ew19t4
prntscr.com/ew19ye

i still get a blurry video at the end of rendering it. can someone help me out with this?
Last Edit:15 Apr 2017 17:37 by Petey

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Still Having Frame Skips in MSP 13

Posted 14 Apr 2017 05:11 #2
Hi Petey,

Can you also post a screen shot of your 'Project Settings' and 'Source Media' (you can use Mediainfo [free download] in 'text Mode'), so we can perhaps reply with a suggestion?
Best Regards......George

• Petey
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie

Replied by Petey on topic Still Having Frame Skips in MSP 13

Posted 14 Apr 2017 05:29 #3
prntscr.com/ew43vg
project properties?

here is one of the clips media source file
prntscr.com/ew44kk
by Petey

• Petey
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie

Replied by Petey on topic Still Having Frame Skips in MSP 13

Posted 14 Apr 2017 05:31 #4
here is the video, it doesnt look 1080p to me and it gets blurry at times.

by Petey

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Still Having Frame Skips in MSP 13

Posted 14 Apr 2017 10:05 #5
Hi Petey,

I see a few things you may want to adjust.

Project Properties - Your Source Media sample is 60 fps variable frame rate, progressive. In your Project Properties you have selected 'Upper field first' in the 'Field order'. So I would change that to 'None (progressive scan)' to match your Source Media. We always have best/better results if we match our Project Properties to the our Source Media. Your Project Properties 'Frame rate:' is set at '59.940', I would change that to '60.000' also to match the Source Media.

I would also make sure on each Video Event in the 'Timeline' has 'Disable resample' selected under 'Switches'.

This should provide a better render results. However, your Source Media sample shows variable frame rate of '58.480' to '61.602' and quality NLE programs like Movie Studio don't really like variable frame rate source and usually render with poorer results than constant frame rate media, which is what most cameras provide.

This doesn't mean after making the changes above you will not be happy with the results. If not however, I would consider converting your Source Media video to constant frame rate before adding them to Movie Studio. Or perhaps your capture program can be set to record in constant frame rate.
Best Regards......George
Last Edit:25 Apr 2017 10:14 by Eagle Six
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.744 seconds