VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved RAM issues

• Michel
  • Michel's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5
  • Thank you received: 32

RAM issues was created by Michel

Posted 09 May 2017 05:34 #1
Hi,

I'm still using MS 13 Platinum. Got the trial version of version 14, played with it to see how it worked. I was happy not to use a button to change from normal to fade cursors. That was just about it! A lot of stuff that has been written by so many and for which I completely agree discouraged me from buying this so long awaited product. Big deception as far as I'm concerned!

This was my comment on Version 14 of MS Platinum.

The issue I'm writing on is as follows. When I'm using MS13 Platinum (have 8gs. of RAM), I notice that Task Manager under Processes, working on a 2000kb. project and including all the applications on my PC, shows me a usage of 36% of my 8gs. of RAM. I still have 64% of RAM available. The problem I encounter is if I want to use, let's say, media generators with text effects, it takes for ever to write the text...each letter will take about 2 seconds to appear in the box.

I made all the hardware tests for my hard drive and made a memory diagnostics to find out that nothing is wrong on that end. I went through everything you can find on memory enhancement on Youtube and, at this point, I can't do more than buy additional RAM. I don't think that this would be the solution!?

If I'm using strictly my application without any project within it, and use the same media generator as mentioned before, every thing goes smoothly. So there is definitely a RAM issue here. What is it? How can I fix it?

I'm using Windows 10 Pro, 64 bits.

Help would be more than appreciated on this matter.

Thanks

Michel
Last Edit:01 Jun 2017 01:07 by Michel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic RAM issues

Posted 01 Jun 2017 01:07 #2
Hi Michel

I have never experienced the same problem with MSP13.
The only behaviour similar to this that I have seen at times, is when I use the SEARCH function for finding Video FX in the Video FX tab. Typing is delayed, exactly as you have described, but not when typing in the Titles and Text window.

I doubt it has anything to do with RAM.

To replicate the problem, please tell us / show us, an example of what is in your project when the problem occurs.

It might also be worth checking to see if your Graphics Card is the problem (this is just a random guess).
Go to Options/Preferences/Video/GPU Acceleration and set to OFF, then re-boot program.
Does this make a difference?

The question you are asking is very technical in nature.
I recommend you post the same question on the official VEGAS Forums.
A large number of very experienced users, will see this and may know exactly what the problem is.
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/vegas-movie-studio-forum/

Just to be clear, is this the window you are talking about ?
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:01 Jun 2017 01:14 by DoctorZen
Attachments:

• Michel
  • Michel's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by Michel on topic RAM issues

Posted 02 Jun 2017 22:37 #3
Hi Derek,

Yes it is the window mentioned in my post. I will get my issue on a Vegas forum as proposed and see what happens. No change after your suggestion of rebooting after turning off my graphics card.

Did I hear right when someone told me that Magix is rewriting the whole MSP14 program for a near future reissue?

Again thanks for your help Derek

Michel
by Michel

Replied by DoctorZen on topic RAM issues

Posted 03 Jun 2017 00:46 #4

Did I hear right when someone told me that Magix is rewriting the whole MSP14 program for a near future reissue?

That is news to me if it is true.
However, I think the actual truth comes from a post that the lead developer made on the official Vegas Forums.
He explained that a large amount of code had to be removed from the Sony version of Movie Studio Platinum.
All the terrible changes that were introduced to Movie Studio Platinum 13 have now been removed, plus any references to Sony.
I think that is where this story has come from.

I cannot imagine that the program is being re-written from scratch.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:14 Jul 2017 13:34 by DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.736 seconds