VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Slideshow - how to edit?

• pioneer
  • pioneer's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5
  • Thank you received: 34

Slideshow - how to edit? was created by pioneer

Posted 12 May 2017 02:26 #1
Is there anyway to alter the global slideshow settings once created in MSPS ver14? Such as the length and transition please? In other words can I get back to the settings menu after I create the slideshow. Cannot find anything in the help file. John
Please be aware that NSA/GCHQ are probably admiring my comments and sent images.
Last Edit:12 May 2017 10:07 by pioneer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Slideshow - how to edit?

Posted 12 May 2017 10:07 #2
No you cannot edit an existing slideshow on the timeline, that was created with the Slideshow Creator app.
You need to remove the slideshow, edit your settings and re-import a new slideshow.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:12 May 2017 10:07 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: pioneer

• pioneer
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5

Replied by pioneer on topic Slideshow - how to edit?

Posted 12 May 2017 19:55 #3
Well sadly for me the slideshow effect/transition applied does not seem to be working for me with MSPS ver14, it works fine in ver12. Or perhaps I have missed something with this version. Having looked at the two programs the only difference I can see is that my clips on the timeline have the image name on them in ver14 but not in ver12.  I cannot see how to turn this off. John
Please be aware that NSA/GCHQ are probably admiring my comments and sent images.
Last Edit:13 May 2017 02:18 by pioneer

Posted 13 May 2017 11:01 #4
If you would like further help with the Slideshow Creator, please list the steps to recreate your problem.
and/or
Upload a screen shot showing the settings you used.

File names are controlled by going to View/Active Take Information.
Deselect if you don't want to see file names on timeline.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• pioneer
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5

Posted 13 May 2017 17:58 #5
Well Derek, I took your advise and went to View/Active Take Information and deselected this before doing anything else, lo and behold the transitions now work with the slideshow. Perhaps a bug with the program or a glitch with my particular set up. Cheers John
by pioneer

Posted 13 May 2017 19:07 #6

lo and behold the transitions now work with the slideshow.

That is very interesting.
If you upload a screen shot showing your slideshow settings, I can see if I can replicate the error.

• pioneer
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5

Posted 13 May 2017 19:28 #7
Good morning Derek. Screenshot is of all working ok. It is exactly the same screenshot when things are not working ok with the View/Active Take Information selected. Cheers John
by pioneer
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Slideshow - how to edit?

Posted 13 May 2017 23:53 #8
Hi John and Derek,

When I duplicate your slideshow the transition works with or without Active Take Information selected. Using MVMS14 (build 122) Trial.
Best Regards......George

• pioneer
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5

Posted 14 May 2017 00:06 #9
Thanks George, it was obviously just my setup showing a glitch with the program for me. cheers John
by pioneer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

Replied by Eagle Six on topic Slideshow - how to edit?

Posted 14 May 2017 00:32 #10
If Derek gets the same results as I have, I agree most likely it was a glitch with your system. However you never know and I will be intereted in Derek's results or perhaps another members test.
Best Regards......George

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.916 seconds