VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Hitfilm 2 express, is it worth it?

• jonjon
  • jonjon's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Thank you received: 3

Hitfilm 2 express, is it worth it? was created by jonjon

Posted 08 Jun 2014 12:26 #1
I'm hoping to purchase movie studio platinum pretty soon, but im on the fence on whether i should get the new version (version 13) or purchase the Visual Effects suite with Hitfilm 2 express. would the Visual Effects Suite be worth the extra cost?
by jonjon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Hitfilm 2 express, is it worth it?

Posted 09 Jun 2014 00:30 #2
Hi Jon Jon

If you want to so some Special Effects, then Hitfilm Express may be worth it for you. It is a great package.
Why don't you download the free trial for Hitfilm Express and make sure it can do what you want it to do.
I have Hitfilm 2 Ultimate which can do incredible things.
Hitfilm Express is still good, but it cannot do things like Camera Tracking if that's what you need it for.

Download Hitfilm Express trial from here.
hitfilm.com/express/demo

Regards
Derek.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• jonjon
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2

Replied by jonjon on topic Hitfilm 2 express, is it worth it?

Posted 09 Jun 2014 11:59 #3
Thanks! i was looking for the express but didnt see it the first time around. :S I currently have Adobe After Effects 7 and Sony vegas 8 pro, but i find some things are easier to do in the Studio versions(I still use a DVX100b :P ). I was hoping with the integration with hitfilm that i can learn it easier. I did download Hitfilm 2 Ultimate and played with it some and find it a bit easier to pick up then After Effects. Another question i have, how do you compare Magic bullet looks from the platinum 12 version to the new Hitfilm effects in 13? Thanks.
by jonjon

Posted 09 Jun 2014 13:11 #4
You cannot compare Magic Bullet Quicklooks and Hitfilm Effects, because they are completely different.
It all depends on what you would find more useful.
Magic Bullet is only about Colour.
Hitfilm Effects is a small sample range of Video Fx.
There are also Boris Fx that come with Movie Studio Suite 13, that are quite extensive.
Read this other post on the Forum:
www.moviestudiozen.com/forum/movie-studio-platinum/137-extra-fx-in-ms-suite-13

:) :cheer: ;)
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:25 Sep 2014 00:57 by DoctorZen

• jonjon
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2

Replied by jonjon on topic Hitfilm 2 express, is it worth it?

Posted 11 Jun 2014 12:24 #5
Thanks! i downloaded the hitfilm express demo, but it seems it wants to crash every time i want to start a project :-(, the addition of acid music studio is really making want Platinum suite 13
by jonjon

Posted 11 Jun 2014 17:25 #6
If Hitfilm is not working on your computer, then most likely you do not have the right kind of Graphics Card.
Hitfilm Express and Hitfilm Ultimate, both require a compatible dedicated Graphics Card to work properly.
Intel HD Integrated Graphics is not good enough to run both these programs.

Hitfilm 2 Ultimate - requirements
hitfilm.com/ultimate/requirements

Hitfilm 2 Express - requirements
hitfilm.com/express/requirements

If you have any more questions about why Hitfilm is not working, then the best place to ask is on the Hitfilm Community Forums here.
community.hitfilm.com/

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.938 seconds