VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Suddenly, no colour! What the?

Suddenly, no colour! What the? was created by Stockwell

Posted 29 May 2017 08:46 #1
My projects are rendering in black and white. The preview window displays in black and white. Media in the timeline are in colour, but they are black and white in the display window. Projects now render only in black and white. Finally, the timeline for audio media is solid white, no longer showing the dynamics of music or audio elements.

I'm baffled!
Last Edit:02 Jun 2017 19:25 by Stockwell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Suddenly, no colour! What the?

Posted 29 May 2017 14:27 #2
Hi Stockwell

It sounds like you have accidentally turned on the Overlays button above the Preview Window - press once to turn off.
Not only have you turned it on, but most likely you have also selected a Grayscale option, which is what is causing the Black & White effect.
Normally Overlays is turned off, unless you want to use an overlay option.

If that is not the problem, make sure you haven't added an Effect to the Video Output FX button (purple arrow).

To fix your Audio Waveform, go to View/Rebuild Audio Peaks (Shift + F5).

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Attachments:

Replied by Stockwell on topic Suddenly, no colour! What the?

Posted 30 May 2017 04:33 #3
Wow! Golly, Derek, you're not only a genius - you're a smart genius. Yes, it was the Grid/Overlay business, and now it's fixed. The world is now back as it was, in glorious colour!

Thank you. I still can't see the hills and valleys in the music and audio tracks, but that's a problem for another day.

Speaking of glorious colour, I've just added a tool to my cinematic arsenal which will have nothing to do with delightful hues and tones: infrared capability:

Have a great week/month/season, etc.

Replied by vkmast on topic Suddenly, no colour! What the?

Posted 30 May 2017 05:39 #4

Stockwell wrote: Wow! Golly, Derek, you're not only a genius - you're a smart genius. --- Thank you. I still can't see the hills and valleys in the music and audio tracks, but that's a problem for another day.

See if another suggestion from this thread helps.
by vkmast

Replied by Stockwell on topic Suddenly, no colour! What the?

Posted 30 May 2017 06:36 #5
Well, now ALL my problems have been solved. My Audio Event Waveforms are back!

This is the first forum I've ever seen where things actually get done. Do I owe anybody a drink or a few banana muffins?

Thank you, you Brilliant and Experienced People!
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Suddenly, no colour! What the?

Posted 30 May 2017 11:54 #6

This is the first forum I've ever seen where things actually get done. Do I owe anybody a drink or a few banana muffins?

Thank you, you Brilliant and Experienced People!

Thank you :)
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.767 seconds