VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Is there an easy way to draw/add shapes, like arrows

Is there an easy way to draw/add shapes, like arrows was created by delquad4x

Posted 12 Jun 2017 22:11 #1
Is there an easy way to add arrows or lines in Movie Studio 14?
I've seen tutorials using masking and shape drawing, but was just wondering if there was an easier, less time consuming way.

Thanks.

Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Is there an easy way to draw/add shapes, like arrows

Posted 13 Jun 2017 15:42 #2
Hi Mike

There is nothing in the program for adding objects like you have described.
I'm not an expert on this particular topic, but I can show you what I do.

1. I use Snagit by Techsmith to create all the screen shots you see in my website tutorials and inside of my video tutorials.
Snagit is a Stills and Video Screen Capture program and is very affordable. It also comes with an Editor that has a large library of Stamps and objects you can add to any still image, however you can't add these objects to videos inside of Snagit.

However, you can create new still images inside of the Snagit Editor and add Arrows, Lines, etc...and save them as a .png still image file onto a transparent (checkerboard) background. Then you can import this image into Movie Studio on a new video track above your videos. Everything you have created with Snagit will show on top of the video. It is very quick and easy to do this!

www.techsmith.com/screen-capture.html

2. An alternative is to use an image editor like Photoshop or Gimp (which is free) and do the same process as I described with Snagit.
I think Snagit is the easiest way to do this type of thing.

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Attachments:

Replied by delquad4x on topic Is there an easy way to draw/add shapes, like arrows

Posted 13 Jun 2017 21:56 #3
Thanks Derek.
I was just hoping. :)
I guess the next step would be to create the shapes and save them into a folder in my projects directory for quick access.
Since I already have Photoshop and a couple of other editors, it shouldn't be too painful :D

Again, thanks for the quick response.

Mike
Last Edit:14 Jul 2017 13:34 by delquad4x

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.730 seconds