VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved No sound after "Make Movie"

No sound after "Make Movie" was created by pvwojciak

Posted 28 Jun 2014 06:35 #1
Hi there - I am trying to save the movie that I just made first to my hard drive. I went through the "Make Movie" process and while the video worked quite nicely, it has no sound (even though there's clearly sound prior to rendering).

I'm guessing that I'm making some small mistake somewhere, but I can't figure out where that mistake is. Anyone have any pointers?

I'm on Movie Studio 13...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic No sound after "Make Movie"

Posted 28 Jun 2014 13:27 #2
Which Render As profile did you use to render with ?

Example: Mainconcept AVC/AAC - Internet 1080p
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pvwojciak

Replied by pvwojciak on topic No sound after "Make Movie"

Posted 28 Jun 2014 23:44 #3
Hey Derek - this wound up being a non-issue. I mistakenly had all my audio tracks on "front" track as opposed to surround. Once I made that switch, everything worked fine. Thanks for looking, though!!

Posted 29 Jun 2014 00:07 #4
That is good to know.

This is the whole reason why Forums work so well.
Someone else is bound to experience the same problem as yourself in the future, and now they have something to help them.

Cheers :)
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PlaceholderGamage

Replied by PlaceholderGamage on topic No sound after "Make Movie"

Posted 26 Jul 2014 02:01 #5
Hi - I am that someone!

I've been trialling Sony Movie Studio and was stuck on this same issue - I had sound on the timeline that was fine, but when rendered there was no sound in the MP4 video created.

My issue is down to a small bug (or misunderstanding by me!) - when I started the project I chose 5.1 audio, and when I brought in the video I said yes to matching the imported videos settings. I thought that this process would make the project settings automagically choose all the right things. But it did not.

After reading this forum I went back and changed the Project audio properties to Stereo, re-rendered and hey presto! Sound!

So I just wanted to come here and thank you - I had been searching high and low - downloading different qt7plug.dll (SMS failed to run with any of the qt7plug.dll files I tried), but a simple project property (that I felt should have been sensed by the import process) was the key!

I'll be checking in here first in future if I decide SMS or Vegas are for me. Thanks again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Posted 26 Jul 2014 13:33 #6
Excellent.
I suspect that many people are making this mistake and get totally lost.
If you ever have a question, you know where you can post it now.

Cheers :)

Replied by UJ80s on topic No sound after "Make Movie"

Posted 14 Aug 2014 07:19 #7
Having a sound problem: .wav files play in media window, play in timeline after inserted, but after restarting computer before rendering, the .wav files will no play in timeline. Sony Vegas Movie Studio 11 also crashes after the audio rendering. What's wrong ? My video renders ok, but audio makes it crash.
Last Edit:14 Aug 2014 07:21 by UJ80s

Posted 14 Aug 2014 12:14 #8
There is nothing strange about .wav files, so I do not understand why this would be causing a problem, unless you have something wrong with your Windows Registry.

Where did this .wav file come from ?

I think the best thing to start with, is to do a full program reset.
This will clean the Vegas Cache and delete any garbage that has built up in the cache.
Quite often this can cause random errors.
It is safe to do and will not delete any of your Saved Projects.
It will remove any Custom Settings you have created.

Do this:
Turn Movie Studio/Vegas/DVD Architect Off.
Hold down CONTROL and SHIFT keys at the same time AND ALSO AT THE SAME TIME double click program icon on Desktop to Boot program.
Window will pop up.
Select Delete Cache and Yes.
This will restore program to Factory Default Settings.

Let me know if this fixes the problem.

Regards
Derek.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.823 seconds