VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Trying to blur a segment of video but cant get pixelate to work

• kobo
  • kobo's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3
  • Thank you received: 5
Greetings.

I am using Sony Movie Studio Platinum 12.0 (64-bit)

I have a video clip where I'm trying to blur a license plate on a vehicle in the background.

I have been watching your video here:

Although the tools for the effects appear a bit different, I can get the cookie cutter, resize & move it to where I want. But when I try to move to the next step, adding pixelate, it doesn't add that to the chain of effects so I'm stuck and cant go any further.. Any idea why?

Thanks in advance.

K
Last Edit:20 Aug 2017 19:31 by kobo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

You probably just need to turn the Pixelation level up a lot higher.
The default level is quite subtle, which make it difficult to detect.

Also make sure you added Pixelate onto the 2nd top video track.
Temporarily increasing the Border size in the Cookie Cutter tool, also helps to locate FX.

ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Attachments:

• kobo
  • kobo's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 3
  • Zen Level 3
  • Thank you received: 5

Replied by kobo on topic Trying to blur a segment of video but cant get pixelate to work

Posted 20 Aug 2017 23:19 #3
Sorry I wasn't clear.

Looking at your graphic, in the area showing the selected effects: pan & crop - cookie cutter - pixelate

For me pixelate would not engage, it was absent from that line. I only was able to get pan & crop & cookie cutter.

What I had done was first open the FX window, choose cookie cutter, clicked 'OK', moved it where I wanted, then clicked FX again to add pixelate and clicked OK again. However, no matter how often I tried, pixelate wouldn't be added to the FX chain, it wouldn't say "pan & crop - cookie cutter - pixelate", just "pan & crop - cookie cutter".

Looking at another video on the subject the author, after opening the FX window, chose cookie cutter, clicked Add, clicked pixelate, then Add again, then clicked OK. For what ever reason that works for me. Now I have pixelate in the effects chain and can use it.

Have a Magical Day!

K
Last Edit:21 Aug 2017 16:49 by kobo
Attachments:

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.731 seconds