VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Likely release date for Vegas Studio Platinum 15

• DoctorZen
  • DoctorZen's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Don't Panic !
  • Thank you received: 1557

Likely release date for Vegas Studio Platinum 15 was created by DoctorZen

Posted 02 Sep 2017 12:54 #1
Vegas Pro 15 has now been released and it does now support all modern Nvidia graphics cards.
All users on the official Vegas Pro Forum are reporting much faster render times.

Vegas Movie Studio 14 Platinum was released about 6 months after Vegas Pro 14.
So I expect a similar thing to happen this time, which means Vegas Movie Studio 15 Platinum would be released in January or February 2018.
If I learn in insider knowledge about an actual release date, I will be sure to let everyone know!

Vegas Pro and Vegas Movie Studio are based on the exact same code.
Vegas Movie Studio is just a stripped down version of Vegas Pro.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:03 Sep 2017 12:18 by DoctorZen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ericlnz on topic Likely release date for Vegas Studio Platinum 15

Posted 02 Sep 2017 13:05 #2
MS may be a stripped down version of Pro but it leaped ahead of the queue with some features such as the dark interface. So possibly the same may happen again and we may see Magix experimenting with MS before introducing 'new ideas' into Pro.

Personally I consider 12 months between versions too frequent. I wish they'd spend more time and fix some of the outstanding bugs. But then bug fixing doesn't bring in more income whereas new features do. From comments on the Magix Vegas Pro forum it seems Magix's upgrade pricing isn't very generous so some of us might make do with only updating with every other new version unless they contain something we need or is really new.
by ericlnz

Replied by pioneer on topic Likely release date for Vegas Studio Platinum 15

Posted 02 Sep 2017 19:29 #3
Eric I tend to agree with what you say about upgrading, Whilst I really like MSP14 I dislike the dark interface, in particular on the timeline. Just my personal view.
Please be aware that NSA/GCHQ are probably admiring my comments and sent images.
by pioneer

Replied by ericlnz on topic Likely release date for Vegas Studio Platinum 15

Posted 02 Sep 2017 20:00 #4
As I've just commented in another post I don't mind the dark background. In fact I prefer it to the MS13 colour. It's the black buttons that annoy me. Especially the icons that occupy most of their area so there's not much background anyway. The best example of the worst is the 'Split Screen View' plus icons in the Event Pan/Crop window and Track Motion window. I'd like to make them orange or yellow instead of black.

Magix Vegas aren't alone with this challenge to our eyes. I read somewhere that Final Cut Pro is similar, and read similar comments about the Serif Affinity range.
by ericlnz

Replied by pioneer on topic Likely release date for Vegas Studio Platinum 15

Posted 02 Sep 2017 20:10 #5
Eric. FYI I use Serif's programs, it would appear they have listened to the customers who have commented about the dark interface, in their latest Beta versions of the Affinity suite users now have a choice. Whilst I dislike the dark interface in MS14 I can live with it if only the Icons and text were more visible/readable. I've never used MS13 only 12 and I quite like that UI. Cheers John
Please be aware that NSA/GCHQ are probably admiring my comments and sent images.
by pioneer

Replied by robbif on topic Likely release date for Vegas Studio Platinum 15

Posted 01 Feb 2018 06:51 #6
Well, I'm looking forward to 15 in hopes that they will fix the bugs in 14!
by robbif

• DoctorZen
  • Don't Panic !

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Likely release date for Vegas Studio Platinum 15

Posted 01 Feb 2018 08:13 #7

Well, I'm looking forward to 15 in hopes that they will fix the bugs in 14!

If you know of any bugs, what are they and have you reported them ?
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Posted 01 Feb 2018 08:26 #8
Yes. I'll have to search my emails and VMS forum posts. I'll try to get back here soon.
by robbif

Posted 01 Feb 2018 11:14 #9
[Ticket#2017061717010956]
VMS 11:
As soon as I place the edit tool (arrow) on the time ruler, it automatically changes to a hand.
When I left click and drag the hand left or right, the entire timeline shifts as expected,
with the cursor continuing to indicate the advancing current location.
When I release the mouse button, the playing continues with no interruption.

VMS 13 and 14:
As soon as I place the edit tool (arrow) on the time ruler, it remains an arrow.
When I left click, the edit tool changes to a hand.
When I drag the hand left or right, the entire timeline shifts as expected,
with the cursor continuing to indicate the advancing current location (same as VMS 11).
When I release the mouse button, the cursor, which has been indicating the current
position, jumps to the the new location of the hand and play continues from there.
I consider that an illogical interruption and can't understand the logic for it.
To me the behavior of VMS 11 makes more sense.
Maybe you can help me understand it.

6/3/17
Dear Fred,

Thank you for the video, it provided a very clear picture of the issue. I have brought this up to our dev team and it looks to be a case of the software recognizing the click that happens, but not the holding and dragging.

I have submitted this as a bug to be addressed in a future update to the software.
[See complete saga at www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/vegas-movie-studio-platinum-14-122-bugs-that-need-fixing--106698/

Forum Subject: Random partial renders (?) VMS 14 Build 148

See www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/random-partial-renders-vms-14-build-148--109645/
Last Edit:01 Feb 2018 11:16 by robbif

• DoctorZen
  • Don't Panic !

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Likely release date for Vegas Studio Platinum 15

Posted 02 Feb 2018 10:03 #10
Hi robbif

I was not aware of this behaviour.
There are a lot of intricate moving parts to Vegas, which I am still discovering today.

I did some testing and now understand what you are taking about.
I also own Vegas Pro 14 and 15.
In both of these versions, the Timeline Ruler behaves exactly like it does in Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 11.
Vegas Pro and Vegas Movie Studio are built on the same core code, so I don't understand why Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 14 is not behaving the same way.
You have reported the bug, so there is not much more that can be done.
Now that I am aware of this problem, I will be sure to see what happens and will help apply some pressure if it is not fixed.

Thanks for the report :)

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.974 seconds