Solved Izotope Audio Enhancer - How to get plugin to show in Sound Forge

• Thank you received: 0

Izotope Audio Enhancer - How to get plugin to show in Sound Forge was created by Inlandiana

I haven't been able to find/use the Izotope Audio Enhancer that came with my Movie Studio 13.0 Platinum Suite. I understand that it's supposed to be in Sound Forge, but I don't see it there. I don't remember being cued to register either. I see the folder and files in Programs (x86), but nothing that would activate it. Help.
29 Jun 2014 09:30 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1352

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Izotope Audio Enhancer - How to get plugin to show in Sound Forge

Many people have problems with this plugin.

Have you actually installed the plugin yet ?
Did you buy a boxed version of the program or a download from Sony Creative Software ?
If you bought the download, there is a download link in your account.
If you bought a hard copy, open the install disc up and manually search for file.
It should be called this sfas10_audioenhancer.exe.

Once you have installed the program, it may still not appear in Sound Forge Audio Studio.
I don't know why it does this, but it does.
If it is installed, you will first have to open a test file to use it.
Here is where it actually lives in the program.

If you cannot see the program where I have shown, you will need to perform this operation.
This cleans the cache and resets any Sony program.

Do this:
Turn Sound Forge/Movie Studio/Vegas Off.
Hold down CONTROL and SHIFT keys at the same time AND ALSO AT THE SAME TIME double click program icon on Desktop to Boot program.
Window will pop up.
Select Delete Cache and Yes.
This will restore program to Factory Default Settings.

Now can you see the plugin ?

Regards
Derek.
Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems.
Peace :)
29 Jun 2014 13:50 #2
Attachments:

Replied by Inlandiana on topic Izotope Audio Enhancer - How to get plugin to show in Sound Forge

Derek--

Victory! I did the above (to no avail) but then went to Izotope support (online) and found this solution from them: www.izotope.com/support/kb/index.php/kb/article/570-Locating_plug-ins_within_Sony_Sound_Forge_(Windows)

I had to go to FX Favorites, Organize, and move a copy of the Izotope Audio Enhancer from the Third Party folder into the FX Favorites folder. And that's that...it opens and asks for registration--now I just have to learn how to use it.

Thanks for the input and keeping me trying things.

--Paul
01 Jul 2014 07:41 #3

• Thank you received: 1352

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Izotope Audio Enhancer - How to get plugin to show in Sound Forge

Thanks for the follow up !
This is excellent information and sure to help other people as well.

I have manually edited the title of your post, so that anyone searching can find it more easily.
Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems.
Peace :)
01 Jul 2014 09:46 #4

Replied by Jaki on topic Izotope Audio Enhancer - How to get plugin to show in Sound Forge

Thank you very much for the information in this post. I tried the fix re the cache and it worked. Really grateful to you. I'd never have figured that one out!
17 May 2016 20:24 #5

Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Make a Donation

Movie Studio Zen is a fully independent site and all our content is free. You can help support this site by making a PayPal donation.

MSZ Social Media

youtube  facebook  twitter

MSZ Security

MovieStudioZen.com

Copyright © 2020 MovieStudioZen.com.
All rights reserved.