VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved audio

audio was created by dongle99

Posted 29 Jun 2014 20:55 #1
Hello

I think you have opened up a tremendous task here. There are potentially millions of questions to be asked about this complex software. Good Luck

Here is my question.

I know basics of editing having used Premiere Elements for about 10 years but I am new to Sony Movie Studio.

I have created several simple videos which have worked.

I am now working on two videos using exactly the same kind of media. One of them (video 1) will play audio when it is being previewed and on the other one (video 2)it will not play audio at all. I know I must have a switch which is not set properly but I just can't find it. Any clues will help.

Best wishes
Don
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic audio

Posted 29 Jun 2014 21:55 #2
Hi Don

There are only two reasons why your audio is not working.
1. You have accidentally changed a setting or moved a slider somewhere
2. The Video you have imported is using a Video Codec that is not compatible with Movie Studio.

There is a way to do a complete program reset, which will default all settings and delete the temporary cache. It is perfectly safe to do and will not delete any of your projects. It will remove any customization you have done.

Do this:
Turn Movie Studio/Vegas Off.
Hold down CONTROL and SHIFT keys at the same time AND ALSO AT THE SAME TIME double click program icon on Desktop to Boot program.
Window will pop up.
Select Delete Cache and Yes.
This will restore program to Factory Default Settings.

Make sure to first check "Video 2" in a brand new project after you have reset the program.
Sometimes opening a saved project will just regenerate the same problem.
Let me know if this fixes problem.

Regards
Derek :)
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by dongle99 on topic audio

Posted 30 Jun 2014 19:38 #3
I reset the program as you suggested - this is a very useful tip.
​I am not sure what you mean by setting it in a brand new project . Do you mean starting again from scratch or using the existing "video 2"

Thank you for replying so promptly.

Posted 30 Jun 2014 19:43 #4
I reset Movie studio as you instructed and then looked for video 2 file and loaded. The problem is still there.

II have started a new and different project from scratch and everything is OK so far.

Don
Last Edit:30 Jun 2014 19:45 by dongle99

Replied by DoctorZen on topic audio

Posted 30 Jun 2014 20:04 #5
OK
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Posted 30 Jun 2014 21:44 #6
Looks like I will have to make video 2 from scratch to get it to work. However I will be constantly worried that I will have the same problem again.

Apologies for the problems with my reply.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.938 seconds