VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved masking video

• pioneer
  • pioneer's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5
  • Thank you received: 34

masking video was created by pioneer

Posted 11 Oct 2017 06:49 #1
Good evening, How is it best to mask out the info on the attached video of my dash Cam please? I could do this in the Cam settings but the majority of the time I wish the info to be there. It would only be on the occasional video, I would also require text on the clip within MSP14. Cheers John
Please be aware that NSA/GCHQ are probably admiring my comments and sent images.
by pioneer
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Masking video

Posted 11 Oct 2017 09:46 #2
There is no magical way to remove yellow text that is embedded in the actual video file.
Unless someone knows something I don't.

There are 3 things you can do:
1. Turn setting off in camera (as you have already said) - that's what I would do.
2. Use Event Pan/Crop and slightly zoom in until text is off screen
3. Use Cookie Cutter tool and apply gaussian blur to areas of text.

To use the Cookie Cutter method, you would need to apple multiple cookie cutters to each region of text.
I showed how to do this in this tutorial:
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/sony-vegas-pro/557-sony-vegas-zen-tips-7-pixelate-conceal
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• pioneer
  • pioneer's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5
  • Thank you received: 34

Replied by pioneer on topic Masking video

Posted 11 Oct 2017 18:54 #3
Thanks for the disappointing news about the text Derek :-) Looks like I will have to turn the setting of on the dash cam, although I will try your suggestions first and see how I get on. Cheers John
Please be aware that NSA/GCHQ are probably admiring my comments and sent images.
by pioneer

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Masking video

Posted 11 Oct 2017 20:38 #4
Some additional information.
If you had a spare $300, you could buy Boris FX Continuum Unit - Image Restoration.
This comes with 16 different restoration tools and two of them may be able to remove some parts from a video.
I have never used this plugin, so I have no personal experience.

The two restoration tools I am talking about are:

Remover
borisfx.com/effects/continuum/remover/

and

Wire Remover
borisfx.com/effects/continuum/wire-remover/

Image Restoration Unit is part of Boris FX Continuum Suite.
The OFX version is compatible with Vegas and costs $695
store.borisfx.com/products/continuum-complete
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:13 Oct 2017 10:03 by DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.773 seconds