VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Navigating between Track Envelope Keyframes in MS14 Platinum

• ericlnz
  • ericlnz's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Master
  • Zen Master
  • Thank you received: 322
When working with video FX keyframes or video track motion keyframes we have a Keyframe Controller where we can jump to next keyframe, last keyframe etc.

But when working with Track envelopes we have no Controller window, just the keyframes that you place on the envelope line.

Is there an easy way to move from keyframe to keyframe? I cannot find a keyboard shortcut. The only way appears to be to scroll along the timeline and click on the next keyframe. A pain when you need to adjust several.

Is there something I've missed?
Last Edit:14 Oct 2017 10:45 by ericlnz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Navigating between Track Envelope Keyframes in MS14 Platinum

Posted 15 Oct 2017 16:37 #2
I am not aware of a key-board shortcut that can do that.

I know this is not what you asked, but I would like to share a technique I use that is related to this topic.

First switch the Edit Mode = Envelope Edit Tool
Then drag out a loop-region around key-frame points you want to adjust as a group.
Now if you grab hold of the envelope with key-frames, you can shift everything up/down at the same time, instead of having to do one at a time.

ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:15 Oct 2017 16:38 by DoctorZen
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: ericlnz

Replied by vkmast on topic Navigating between Track Envelope Keyframes in MS14 Platinum

Posted 15 Oct 2017 19:05 #3
Don't know either of a keyboard shortcut to move from keyframe to keyframe (keyframes being Added Points) when navigating on Track Envelope. Toying with the idea, I suppose you could press M right after every time you Add Point... Then you could Move to previous/next Marker/Point with Ctrl+Left/Right Arrow or use 0-9 keys. But you would still have to drag or click to RC on Point(s) to Set To x%, unless somebody knows another way.

More on what Derek says above in online help "Adjusting envelopes".
by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: ericlnz

• ericlnz
  • ericlnz's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Master
  • Zen Master
  • Thank you received: 322

Replied by ericlnz on topic Navigating between Track Envelope Keyframes in MS14 Platinum

Posted 15 Oct 2017 20:24 #4
Thanks Derek and VK. I'll have a play with your suggestions.
Last Edit:16 Oct 2017 13:30 by ericlnz
The following user(s) said Thank You: vkmast

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.738 seconds