VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Proxy editing

Proxy editing was created by huskereurocat

Posted 22 Oct 2017 19:53 #1
Is there a version of the movie studio products that have overcome the necessity of proxy videos? I understand that it would take a pretty beefy CPU to edit without proxy videos now, but i didn't know if anyone has heard whether the manufactures of these products are working on this? It would speed things up dramatically. I'm sure that over time technology will get there just wanted to see if it is close.

Kelly
Ryzen 5 3600x / x570 motherboard / 32GB G Skill Ripjaws RAM / RX 6700XT 12GB / Crucial P1 M.2 1TB OS drive/Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250GB with multiple SSD's and HDD's
Last Edit:02 Nov 2017 11:59 by huskereurocat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ericlnz on topic Proxy editing

Posted 22 Oct 2017 20:57 #2
You simply don't need to use Proxy files if your pc will handle them. Most decent spec machines will handle 1080 no problem but 4k may be problematic. In MS14 there is the option to turn off automatic proxy creation of 4K files so presumably it is expected that grunty machines won't need them. Anyway using proxy files is a seamless process so they're no big deal. It just takes a few minutes to create them if you have a lot of files.

I'm not aware that Magix are doing anything to avoid proxies on low spec machines.
by ericlnz
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Replied by huskereurocat on topic Proxy editing

Posted 23 Oct 2017 10:49 #3

ericlnz wrote: You simply don't need to use Proxy files if your pc will handle them. Most decent spec machines will handle 1080 no problem but 4k may be problematic. In MS14 there is the option to turn off automatic proxy creation of 4K files so presumably it is expected that grunty machines won't need them. Anyway using proxy files is a seamless process so they're no big deal. It just takes a few minutes to create them if you have a lot of files.

I'm not aware that Magix are doing anything to avoid proxies on low spec machines.

More than just a few minutes my friend. I normally have a recording in 1080p @60fps that is about 1.0 to 1.5 hours in length and it can take 3 hours to make a proxy video of it. I have an i5-2400, which I know is not the fastest in the world, but not the worst, or so I'm told. If I don't create the proxy, there is no setting low enough in the preview pane that will create a smooth and even view-able picture. I know that I need to upgrade my PC, but time and funds are an issue right now.
Ryzen 5 3600x / x570 motherboard / 32GB G Skill Ripjaws RAM / RX 6700XT 12GB / Crucial P1 M.2 1TB OS drive/Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250GB with multiple SSD's and HDD's

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.731 seconds