VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Question Audio spikes in rendered videos

Audio spikes in rendered videos was created by achillessibir

Posted 15 Nov 2017 23:34 #1
Hi Derek,hi guys...
I record gameplay videos with nvidia shadowplay,render them in VEGAS Movie Studio Platinum 14 (build 148)"Make Movie > Save it to my hard drive > MP4" and upload them to youtube.For some unknown reason,from time to time and in some videos,after rendering the video i hear random audio spikes (in a 30min. video about 4 to 5 times).
-The MP4 file from shadowplay is a free from audio spikes file and sounds crystal clear when i play it with VLC player or WMP for example.
-When importing the file in MSP 14,and push only the play button(to see and hear the video in the studio platinum preview window),the spikes are there...pushing the enter button in my keyboard for pause,or the space button to play the video,or even when i click the cursor (mice) to go back/ahead in timeline,90% of all times i hear an audio spike in the speakers but not in the final render.The keyboard is a cheap wireless microsoft keyboard/mice bundle.I've tried with another keyboard,with the same results.
-Is this normal?
-Has anyone of you experienced audio issues like these with MSP 14?
-Is it possible that the audio spikes exist in the video file and only hear it in MSP 14 but not in other video players?(i play simulator games with a lot of usb devices connected in my pc,like steering wheel,trackir,camera,keyboard,usb mic.)
-I'm a little bit confused so any help or advise is wolcomed guys
Last Edit:16 Nov 2017 00:47 by achillessibir

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Audio spikes in rendered videos

Posted 16 Nov 2017 01:04 #2

When importing the file in MSP 14,and push only the play button(to see and hear the video in the studio platinum preview window),the spikes are there...pushing the enter button in my keyboard for pause,or the space button to play the video,or even when i click the cursor (mice) to go back/ahead in timeline,90% of all times i hear an audio spike in the speakers but not in the final render.The keyboard is a cheap wireless microsoft keyboard/mice bundle.I've tried with another keyboard,with the same results.

I am a bit confused as to where you are first noticing these "audio spikes" ?

Directly after you import the Shadowplay video into Vegas, before you do a single thing to the file:
1. Do you see any obvious audio spikes in the Audio Waveform for audio track on timeline ?

2. If you were to play the video from the very beginning with Vegas and NEVER pause/play using your keyboard controls, are there any audio spikes ?

3. OR, are you saying that audio artefacts are being caused every time you press certain keys on your keyboard ?

If the answer is Number #3, it sounds like you have audio/electrical interference being caused by your Motherboard's sound card.
This can occur when there is bad electrical shielding on the Motherboard and by the type of devices you have connected directly to your computer.
The worst culprit that normally can cause this type of effect, is cheap headphones and/or microphones that are connected via a 3.5mm jack.
Normally devices like USB microphones that use the USB ports, do not have this problem.
However, you may have a bad USB port that is causing the electrical interference, which would explain why pressing keys on your keyboard is creating noise.

Try connecting your keyboard with a different USB port on your computer.

I am only going by the evidence you have provided. There may also be something completely else going on.
It would be good to be able to hear a sample of the noise you are talking about.

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:16 Nov 2017 01:06 by DoctorZen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.822 seconds