VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved How to Animate Text Using Key Frames Using Sony Vegas Movie Studio

• MJ
  • MJ's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 1
I'm using Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13.0 - what I see on my screen is different than your Sony Vegas. I don't have the tracking, Kerning, space and etc. Is there a reset because maybe I have changed my settings or is there that much of a difference in the two programs?

The steps used in the tutorial: Media Generator > Text >
My Platinum version only has Text & Title no simple "Text." I cannot draw a key frame from the left boarder to place it.
Last Edit:18 Nov 2017 13:09 by MJ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

My tutorial on using Text is extremely old now !!!

In more recent versions of Vegas Movie Studio like version 13, Titles & Text is the newer Text app and (Legacy) Text is the what the older Text app is now called. You can access the same functions in the newer Titles & Text app - some of these functions use different names now.

Go to Media Generators and open the Sony folder.

Legacy Text window

1 = Tracking
2 = Scaling
3 = Line Spacing / Leading

Tracking and Line Spacing (Leading) are located in the Advanced tab.
To turn on Key-Framing for any of the control sliders, you need to press the "little clocks".
If you turn on multiple clocks "keyframes", you may need to drag the bottom keyframe timeline up, to reveal mini-timeline.

Titles & Text window

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:18 Nov 2017 13:30 by DoctorZen
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrGrunthunter

• MJ
  • MJ's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by MJ on topic How to Animate Text Using Key Frames Using Sony Vegas Movie Studio

Posted 18 Nov 2017 15:09 #3
Thank you - my internet is wonky - I saw the "Unthank You" and was frightened you'd get the wrong message.
Your answer is thorough and complete - much obliged!
by MJ
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

The Thank You and Un-Thank You buttons just cancel each other out.
You can press them as many times as you like and it simply flips between a TY or un-TY.
No messages are sent.
It just displays your name if you thank someone.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:21 Nov 2017 15:43 by DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.840 seconds