VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved How to burn a slide show to play on DVD player.

How to burn a slide show to play on DVD player. was created by Photobyweb

Posted 19 Nov 2017 12:56 #1
Here is my issue. After 22 time trying to burning a side show to DVD in movie studio Platinum 14. It again failed. Can some one please tell me what i am doing wrong. I using window 10. Long story short. When I burn my slide on a DVD, the playback is in slow motion. I've will also use a pin drive to show the video. Thank you so much.
Last Edit:19 Nov 2017 13:31 by Photobyweb

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic How to burn a slide show to play on DVD player.

Posted 19 Nov 2017 13:51 #2
Hi Willie

The first general thing to check, is to make sure you have installed the latest build versions for VMS14P and DVD Architect.
There were a lot of bugs between these two programs which have now been fixed.
Build #148 for Vegas Movie Studio 14 Platinum
Build #67 for Vegas DVD Architect

Go to Help/About in each program to find out which versions you have installed.
Then go to these links to download new versions:
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/vegas-movie-studio-update-build-127-build-148--108240/
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/vegas-dvd-architect-update-2-build-67--107128/

Now I need to know about your workflow and settings.
You need to be careful when setting up a Slideshow, because still images never use the same Frame Sizes as standard video.
I normally recommend setting up a Slideshow project to use 1080p settings.
DVD output is only Standard Definition, but it is OK to use HD settings, because then you can output different types of video for playback on your computer, playback on a TV or using a DVD.

If you live in North America use a Frame Rate of 29.97 fps
If you live in a PAL country like UK, Europe, Asia, Australia, use 25 fps.

Use these exact settings, but set the Frame Rate for your country.

Did you burn the DVD directly from the Vegas Timeline (a simple DVD) or do you render with Vegas first and then send to DVD Architect ?
If you rendered with Vegas first, how did you do this ?
Did you use the automated function Make Movie / Burn to DVD / DVD or DVD with Menus ?
OR
Did you use the more advanced method Make Movie / Save to Hard Drive / Advanced Options ?
Then select Mainconcept MPEG2 - DVD Architect ****** video stream

Before I rave on in the wrong direction, I will wait to hear back from you with more information.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Attachments:

Replied by Photobyweb on topic How to burn a slide show to play on DVD player.

Posted 20 Nov 2017 15:36 #3
Thank you for helping me with this Mr.Derek. Boy have I got a lot to learn. :)
Did you burn the DVD directly from the Vegas Timeline (a simple DVD) -Yes Sir, I did that at least 3 difference time with difference setting.
or do you render with Vegas first and then send to DVD Architect ? - No Sir I do not use Architect!
If you rendered with Vegas first, how did you do this ?- Yes Sir I went the project menu and render as MPEG 2/
Did you use the automated function Make Movie / Burn to DVD / DVD or DVD with Menus ?
OR Did you use the more advanced method Make Movie / Save to Hard Drive / Advanced Options ?- Yes Sir I Did about 15 difference setting that did not work.
Then select Main concept MPEG - DVD Architect ****** video stream. -As of this writing I went and used this setting. It did a better job that what i had, but it still did not look HD. Did not look good.
Willie B.

Posted 20 Nov 2017 19:32 #4
Thanks for your attempt to answer my questions, but your answers don't make any sense if you are actually doing what you said.

If you have been trying to burn a DVD directly from the Vegas Timeline, there is only ONE option available to everyone.
There are no different settings you could possible have used, so I am none the wiser as to what you are actually doing.

Please also be aware that DVD is an old technology and only supports Standard Definition video - that is why the Photos do not look sharp, like in HD video.
DVD only supports a Frame Size of 720x480 or 720x576 - this is 1/4 the resolution of 1920x1080 HD video.
If you want your Slideshow to be HD, you need to burn to a Blu-ray disc instead.
Only Blu-ray support HD video.
To use Blu-ray, your computer's optical drive must support Blu-ray (will have a B on the door).
You will also need a Blu-ray player for your TV or an X-box or Playstation, which all have Blu-ray players inside.

Your other option ( what many people are doing today) is to NOT burn a DVD at all and instead render a HD video file that you can store on a USB Drive.
If you have a modern Smart TV, it will have a USB port you can connect the USB drive to and then you can play the Slideshow directly from the USB Drive in full HD video.

Instructions for how to burn a Slideshow directly to DVD with Vegas
Burning a Slideshow to DVD directly from the timeline means doing this:
Go to Make Movie / Burn it to DVD or Blu-ray disc

Select DVD - this is your only option if you want to burn a simple DVD direct from the timeline.
Select DVD with Menus involves using DVD Architect to make the disc.

In the final window, there will only be ONE option that will work for you !
Because it is 2017, you will be selecting one of the 16:9 options, which means it will be Widescreen.
Out of the three 16:9 options, there is only one you can select - you must select the Frame Rate option that Matches your Project Property settings.

If you set the Frame Rate to 24 fps, select the 24 fps option.
If you set the Frame Rate to 25 fps, select the 50i option.
If you set the Frame Rate to 29.97 fps, select the 60i option.

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:20 Nov 2017 19:35 by DoctorZen
Attachments:

Posted 21 Nov 2017 15:05 #5
I've done every option above (I think) with Zero better in improvement, still look to have low resolution. I've use pindrive in the past and yes they work great.Yes, I have a smart tv. My smart tv does not see it as slide show or a movie.This is where I'm doing some of preview there my laptop and DVD player. It's like my project is in low resolution even though I made changes as shown above.. Not sure where I need to go from here. I have watch several of your videos Thinking I'm missing something. I'm clueless.

Posted 21 Nov 2017 15:33 #6
If you are NOT making a DVD, you need to render your video to a different format.
To render a video for a USB Drive, render to Mainconcept AVC/AAC - Internet 1080p
Make sure to press the Cutomise button and set the Frame Rate to equal the same Frame Rate you set in the Project Properties.
Using the SAME frame rate is extremely important.

If you want to pursue this any further, please upload a screen shot that shows your Project Properties (Video).
I have already showed you in my first reply, what your Project Properties should look like - this is what I need to see.
I can't help any further if I don't see your settings.

Also tell us the Frame Size of the Pictures in your Slideshow.
If you click on top of any picture in the Project Media tab, it will display a readout at the bottom of window that shows the dimensions in pixels.

If you set your Project Properties to 1080p HD and render to 1080p HD, your slideshow will definitely be HD.
If you think you are doing this and it looks low resolution, you must be doing something wrong (wrong settings) or have accidentally pressed a setting somewhere that should be off.
Last Edit:21 Nov 2017 15:44 by DoctorZen
Attachments:

Posted 22 Nov 2017 06:39 #7

Let me know if this help. Thank you. As you can tell I'm new at this. May to new.

Last Edit:22 Nov 2017 11:56 by Photobyweb
Attachments:

Replied by ericlnz on topic How to burn a slide show to play on DVD player.

Posted 22 Nov 2017 09:53 #8
For Derek to assist you best to also include a screengrab of your export template video properties i.e. your Main Concept MPEG-2 Custom (1920x1080 29.97ofps).
Last Edit:22 Nov 2017 09:53 by ericlnz

Posted 22 Nov 2017 12:08 #9
In previous messages to you, I have already shown you the exact settings to use.
So I do not understand why you are using completely different settings ?
I am here to help you, but I can't help if you don't follow the instructions.

Please look closely at that screen shots I have already provided for you.
You need to set everything the same as I have shown - not just some of the settings - all of them !

Your Project Properties are incorrect.
Field Order must = Progressive
Pixel Aspect Ratio must = 1.0

Your Output (Render) Settings are also incorrect.
If you want to output a video that can be played from a USB drive, do not use MPEG2.
Look at the screen shot and use the exact same settings.
To render a video for a USB Drive, render to Mainconcept AVC/AAC - Internet 1080p

Last Edit:22 Nov 2017 14:07 by DoctorZen

Posted 22 Nov 2017 13:04 #10
OK, here we go. Mission has been completed. Thank's to you I can move on from here.

Thank you very much. I can render in HD. My dvd look like they should and the pin drive will show HD on my smart screen. sure was hopping that I would get it. I really appreciate you hanging in there with me. Thank you Derek.Tell next time. Peace :)
Last Edit:22 Nov 2017 14:06 by Photobyweb
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.846 seconds