VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved How to show speed % when using Time Stretch in Vegas

• phiwe
  • phiwe's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4
  • Thank you received: 5

How to show speed % when using Time Stretch in Vegas was created by phiwe

Posted 21 Nov 2017 19:06 #1
Where do i activate a percentage display while streachting video in MSP 14?
Last Edit:22 Nov 2017 11:54 by phiwe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by MrGrunthunter on topic How to show speed % when using Time Stretch in Vegas

Posted 22 Nov 2017 01:01 #2
I have version 13 and all I need to do is hold down the CTRL key (on my PC) while I'm dragging any particular clip out to the length I want. Tha percentage displays on the bottom right corner of the frame on the time line.
DESKTOP: Dell PC WINDOWS 10 PRO, 64-bit, Ver:1607, OS BLD: 14393.1066
INTEL Core: i7-4790, CPU @3.60 GHz, Inst RAM:16.0 GB
GeForce GTX 745, Driver ver: 376.53, Tot avail grap: 12225 MB, Ded vid mem: 4096 MB DDR3
Shared Sys Mem: 8159 MB, DirectX Runtime Ver:12.0

LAPTOP: MSI GE72MVR 7RG
GTX-1070
Last Edit:22 Nov 2017 11:54 by MrGrunthunter

Replied by DoctorZen on topic How to show speed % when using Time Stretch in Vegas

Posted 22 Nov 2017 11:53 #3
Go to View (top menu) and turn on Active Take Information
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:22 Nov 2017 11:54 by DoctorZen

Replied by ericlnz on topic How to show speed % when using Time Stretch in Vegas

Posted 22 Nov 2017 19:38 #4

MrGrunthunter wrote: Tha percentage displays on the bottom right corner of the frame on the time line.

In MS14 the percentage only shows in the audio part of a clip. So if you only want to stretch the video you are out of luck with having the percentage shown. Plus the text is faint and difficult to see. With MS13 it is much easier to see. Another step backward!
Last Edit:22 Nov 2017 19:41 by ericlnz

Replied by DoctorZen on topic How to show speed % when using Time Stretch in Vegas

Posted 22 Nov 2017 20:24 #5

Plus the text is faint and difficult to see.

Agreed :idea:
I hope someone has reported this to Magix/Vegas team - do you know if anyone has Eric ?

I thought someone did mention this on the official Vegas Forums, but I can't find that thread now.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by ericlnz on topic How to show speed % when using Time Stretch in Vegas

Posted 22 Nov 2017 20:35 #6
Derek - it's mentioned here
I'll check further but I suspect it hasn't been officially reported.
by ericlnz

• phiwe
  • phiwe's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4
  • Thank you received: 5

Replied by phiwe on topic How to show speed % when using Time Stretch in Vegas

Posted 22 Nov 2017 20:50 #7
Will try that. Funny with new versions u expect improvements but nope.
by phiwe

Posted 22 Nov 2017 20:59 #8
Derek - there's also this thread which you started and which is where the problem could be posted.

The thread should really be pinned so it stays at the top as an Important Post of the MS Forum like Nick's Known Issues in the Pro forum.

Edit: I've now posted in the thread to see if it can be pinned.
Last Edit:22 Nov 2017 21:08 by ericlnz

Posted 22 Nov 2017 22:20 #9

Posted 23 Nov 2017 21:39 #10

DoctorZen wrote: I posted a new message on page 3 of this thread:
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/vegas-movie-studio-platinum-14-122-bugs-that-need-fixing--106698/

Thanks Derek.

Don't forget you were going to mention on the Vegas forum the 29.97 framerate for all proxy files. Don't know if that's a bug or by design?
by ericlnz

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.786 seconds