Solved Burning to dvd

• Thank you received: 0

Burning to dvd was created by targa912

Before going to Make a Movie in Platinum 14 the project size is 1920x1080x32 59.940p. When I go to Make a Movie it changes to 720x480x32 29.970i. Is this correct to burn to a dvd?
26 Nov 2017 11:35 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 215

Replied by ericlnz on topic Burning to dvd

Yes, that is correct for NTSC SD on a DVD. Of course the quality will be inferior to your original HD 1920x1080 material.
26 Nov 2017 11:45 #2

• Thank you received: 1329

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Burning to dvd

To further what Eric said, DVD only supports Standard Definition video.
If you want to burn HD video to a disc, you need to create Blu-ray discs instead.
Blu-ray was invented to support HD video on disc!

For some bizarre reason, a lot of people are stuck in DVD land.
If your home has an Xbox or Play Station, you can use those devices to play back Blu-ray discs.
To burn a Blu-ray disc, your computer's optical drive must support Blu-ray - it will have a "b" on the door.
Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems.
Peace :)
27 Nov 2017 07:44 #3

Replied by targa912 on topic Burning to dvd

My concern is that we are in a rural area and not sure if the majority of people have Blu-ray players. If I burn them as Blu-ray, I do have a Blu-ray burner, will they play on non Blu-ray players?
27 Nov 2017 09:07 #4

• Thank you received: 215

Replied by ericlnz on topic Burning to dvd

No, Blu-ray discs will not play on non Blu-ray players.

Outside of my video enthusiast friends I don't know of anyone who has a Blu-ray player. In fact some folk don't even know what Blu-ray is. Whilst DVD players were revolutionary when they came out Blu-ray hasn't had the same effect. Now with TVs able to play HD from a USB thumbdrive disc burning is declining. I burn very few nowadays. I don't like downgrading HD to SD to burn to DVD and would rather put HD on a cheap thumbdrive to give to friends provided they have a TV that will play it.
27 Nov 2017 10:24 #5

Replied by targa912 on topic Burning to dvd

I'll have to stick to regular dvd's then. These are for our antique tractor group, mostly old people and for them having a dvd is easier to keep track of then a thumb drive.
27 Nov 2017 10:37 #6

Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds

Make a Donation

Movie Studio Zen is a fully independent site and all our content is free. You can help support this site by making a PayPal donation.

MSZ Social Media

youtube  facebook  twitter

MSZ Security

MovieStudioZen.com

Copyright © 2019 MovieStudioZen.com.
All rights reserved.