VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Burning to dvd

Burning to dvd was created by targa912

Posted 26 Nov 2017 11:35 #1
Before going to Make a Movie in Platinum 14 the project size is 1920x1080x32 59.940p. When I go to Make a Movie it changes to 720x480x32 29.970i. Is this correct to burn to a dvd?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ericlnz on topic Burning to dvd

Posted 26 Nov 2017 11:45 #2
Yes, that is correct for NTSC SD on a DVD. Of course the quality will be inferior to your original HD 1920x1080 material.
by ericlnz

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Burning to dvd

Posted 27 Nov 2017 07:44 #3
To further what Eric said, DVD only supports Standard Definition video.
If you want to burn HD video to a disc, you need to create Blu-ray discs instead.
Blu-ray was invented to support HD video on disc!

For some bizarre reason, a lot of people are stuck in DVD land.
If your home has an Xbox or Play Station, you can use those devices to play back Blu-ray discs.
To burn a Blu-ray disc, your computer's optical drive must support Blu-ray - it will have a "b" on the door.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by targa912 on topic Burning to dvd

Posted 27 Nov 2017 09:07 #4
My concern is that we are in a rural area and not sure if the majority of people have Blu-ray players. If I burn them as Blu-ray, I do have a Blu-ray burner, will they play on non Blu-ray players?

Replied by ericlnz on topic Burning to dvd

Posted 27 Nov 2017 10:24 #5
No, Blu-ray discs will not play on non Blu-ray players.

Outside of my video enthusiast friends I don't know of anyone who has a Blu-ray player. In fact some folk don't even know what Blu-ray is. Whilst DVD players were revolutionary when they came out Blu-ray hasn't had the same effect. Now with TVs able to play HD from a USB thumbdrive disc burning is declining. I burn very few nowadays. I don't like downgrading HD to SD to burn to DVD and would rather put HD on a cheap thumbdrive to give to friends provided they have a TV that will play it.
by ericlnz

Replied by targa912 on topic Burning to dvd

Posted 27 Nov 2017 10:37 #6
I'll have to stick to regular dvd's then. These are for our antique tractor group, mostly old people and for them having a dvd is easier to keep track of then a thumb drive.
Last Edit:28 Nov 2017 06:22 by targa912

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.812 seconds