VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved The file contains an unsupported number of channels (6)

The file contains an unsupported number of channels (6) was created by larry.k

Posted 30 Dec 2017 13:14 #1
Hi, thanks for the help. I have recorded a Christmas evening with my Sony Handycam. Now when I go to load the files into Movie 14, I get "An error occurred....." It goes on to say "The file contains an unsupported number of channels (6)." For the file description it says, MPEG-2 Transport stream, Streams: 3, Video: 1440x1080x12. Audio 48,0000 Hz, 5.1 Surround (Stereo downmix) (2 total streams). Any idea what the problem is, and what can I do to make these videos acceptable to Movie 14?
Thanks, larry.k
Last Edit:30 Dec 2017 15:50 by larry.k

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic The file contains an unsupported number of channels (6)

Posted 30 Dec 2017 15:53 #2
5.1 Surround Sound Audio Streams are supported by Vegas Movie Studio 14 Platinum.

Are you using Vegas Movie Studio 14 or Vegas Movie Studio 14 Platinum ?
If you are using the NON-Platinum (very basic) version of Vegas Movie Studio, 5.1 Audio is not supported by that version.
You will need to upgrade to the Platinum version
OR
Contact Magix Support, get a refund for the basic version and then buy the correct version.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: larry.k

Replied by larry.k on topic The file contains an unsupported number of channels (6)

Posted 01 Jan 2018 03:42 #3
I am pretty sure it is Platinum. However, I'm not sure how to tell what it is. The "about" page shows; Version 14.0 (Build 105), Copyright (c) 2017 MAGIX Software GmbH. It gives me a Serial Number, and a Machine ID (I don't think I want to list the Serial number, but I can if you think necessary. I have started up the install once again, just to get as far as the main screen, the flag at top of the screen says VEGAS movie Studio 14 Platinum. The first download file shows the name: VEGAS Movie Studio 14 Platinum.
Is that enough information to assure that this is Platinum? I did purchase Platinum, paid for it, so if this is not Platinum then there was a download mistake, I guess. Thanks for your prompt response Dr. Zen.
by larry.k

Replied by vkmast on topic The file contains an unsupported number of channels (6)

Posted 01 Jan 2018 05:26 #4
Download the latest build (#148) of MAGIX VEGAS Movie Studio 14 Platinum using e.g. this option and install it to see the numerous bug fixes after build 105. Btw., I complained about the current version splash window saying only Movie Studio in Platinum version as well. See the reply here .
Last Edit:01 Jan 2018 05:34 by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Replied by larry.k on topic The file contains an unsupported number of channels (6)

Posted 01 Jan 2018 05:32 #5
Thanks, I'll do the download and report back. Thanks again.
larry.k
by larry.k

Posted 01 Jan 2018 12:39 #6
I got the ver. 148 downloaded, and installed. It works just fine with the 6 channel audio. Thanks again, larry.k
Last Edit:02 Jan 2018 07:19 by larry.k
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.813 seconds