VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Rendering video for DVD

• Divot
  • Divot's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 1

Rendering video for DVD was created by Divot

Posted 23 Jan 2018 06:47 #1
I'm putting small video clips from several different DVDs and will then combine them into 1 DVD. How do I render each video clip so that it has video and audio and then I can make a DVD at the end?
Last Edit:23 Jan 2018 12:57 by Divot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Rendering video for DVD

Posted 23 Jan 2018 13:20 #2
Do you want to render small individual videos or combine all of the small videos into one large video file ?

If you want to make one single large video from all the smaller videos, create a project like you normally would.
Import one large video at a time and cut out the small section you want to keep - then delete everything you don't need.
Then import the next large videos and repeat the process.

If you want to make small individual videos, keep reading.

There are many ways to render video and audio for DVD - it all depends on your level of experience.

If you want to make Vegas do all of the work for you, follow the instructions in this tutorial:
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/dvd-architect-studio-50/528-how-to-render-video-dvd-bluray-menus-sony-movie-studio-platinum

When working with more than one video for the same DVD project, when you get to the end of Step 6, don't press DVD Architect.
Have a close look at the Video file name path - this is where your video and audio files are being saved to.
Instead of pressing send to DVD Architect, just press Cancel.

At this stage, don't worry about DVD Architect yet.
Create your next new Vegas project and repeat the process of rendering each small video but not sending to DVD Architect.

When you have finished rendering all your videos for DVD, then you can open DVD Architect.
In the video tutorial I linked for you, I show how to then import multiple videos into DVD Architect.

If you want to learn the most advanced way of preparing and making DVDs, make sure to read this FAQ.
This is the method I use. Some of the screen shots are from older versions of the programs, but the same options are still available in all modern versions of Vegas.
www.moviestudiozen.com/doctor-zen-faq/167-how-to-render-a-dvd-for-dvd-architect

Please note:
The normal way to prepare video for DVD, is to render the Video and Audio separately - this is because DVDs allow for multiple audio tracks for the same video. Which means after you render a video for DVD and try to play back the video, you won't hear any sound. To hear the sound as well, you need to import the video only into DVD Architect and drag video into a Menu. If you then press the Preview function, you can then hear the Audio as well.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Divot
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie

Replied by Divot on topic Rendering video for DVD

Posted 24 Jan 2018 05:34 #3
Derek ~ Thank you for your help. I truly appreciate. I'm sorry to keep asking so many questions but I am new to this and I don't think I'm explaining it right. I've saved all of my old video tapes to DVDs. I'm now trying to take bits and pieces and save those to make 1 DVD. As soon as I save the 1 clip and take out the DVD that video has been lost. I was told that I had to render each video in order to save it. Then once I have done all of them, I can make 1 DVD. Some that I have rendered didn't have any sound after so I want to make sure that I'm doing it right. I saw your video on how to render with the correct format and template, but that was for youtube. Do I need a different format and template since it will be used for a DVD and not youtube? I appreciate your patience with me.
by Divot

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Rendering video for DVD

Posted 24 Jan 2018 11:02 #4
You will need to copy the original video files from the DVDs onto your Hard Drive first.
Insert DVD
Go to This PC
Right-click and open DVD
Copy and Paste video files in a new folder on your Hard Drive
Repeat process for all your DVDs
The file format will probably be .VOB

To open/import .VOB in Vegas, when in the import/search window, set File Type to *All Files, then they will show up.

Edit your video project.

Do I need a different format and template since it will be used for a DVD and not Youtube?

I have already provided links to the correct tutorials for you.
These tutorials are only about rendering video for DVD format.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Divot
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie

Replied by Divot on topic Rendering video for DVD

Posted 25 Jan 2018 05:21 #5
Thank you again for your help and patience. I truly appreciate it!!
Last Edit:06 Feb 2018 09:01 by Divot
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.718 seconds