VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Not rendering to other 'Videos' folder, but does to 'Videos' username subfolder - SMSP13

This is not a problem. This is merely pointing out that an update should be made unless I am the lucky owner of a buggy copy of the software.

So this is what happens:

I open Movie Studio 13.
I click 'start using movie studio' and it loads my last saved file.
I click project > make movie
The wizard opens up and I click 'save it to my hard drive' > advanced options > browse > and choose any folder in my 'Videos' folder. This is not the folder under my username. This is under 'computer'. Once I've chosen a folder it goes back to the wizard and has not actually selected this folder I wanted. I know this because I tried to render a video to this folder and it went to the one Movie Studio wanted instead. To solve this I would have to copy and paste it to the folder I actually wanted, no problems. But what the flip?!

It does it the same under 'libraries' > videos > videos, followed by any folder I choose. Movie Studio is set by default to choose the videos subfolder of my username folder. Rather than give you the option to choose folders that it won't actually let you choose, why don't they simply take away the option to explore such folders. Of course, this would involve some serious screwing around with 'Windows Explorer'-'Movie Studio' relationships, but surely they can do it!

Let me know if I'm alone in this or not.
Mabeanie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I am not experiencing the same problem as yourself.
If I change the Folder location it will save the video to that location.

Your problem may be caused by the way you have installed Movie Studio.
A few weeks ago someone was telling me of big folder problems they were experiencing.
The problem ended up being caused by a non-standard install of Movie Studio.
This person had installed the program NOT in the C-Drive.
You must have MS installed in the default program file location for Windows.
If you do not do that, rules that Windows create will break.
Changing folder locations is a Windows function.
So this is my wild stab in the dark for you.
Maybe you do have the program installed correctly and something else is going on.

Another thing I can suggest you do, is a full program reset.
This will Default ALL settings and remove any Customization you may have added.
Do this:
Turn Movie Studio/Vegas/DVD Architect Off.
Hold down CONTROL and SHIFT keys at the same time AND ALSO AT THE SAME TIME double click program icon on Desktop to Boot program.
Window will pop up.
Select Delete Cache and Yes.
This will restore program to Factory Default Settings.

Regards
Derek.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:03 Sep 2014 00:45 by DoctorZen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.834 seconds