VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Idea Interface differences between Vegas Movie Studio 14 Platinum and Vegas Movie Studio 15 Platinum

• ericlnz
  • ericlnz's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Master
  • Zen Master
  • Thank you received: 308
I've yet to dig in deeply especially to check if any bugs/problems have been fixed. But the timeline interface is certainly different. The difficult to read text and button highlights are now easy. But overall the timeline is a bit glitzy and thumbnails are smaller. They say a picture is worth a thousand words so here's the same part of the same project as it appears in Ms14 and Ms15, both Platinum versions.

Last Edit:28 Feb 2018 11:26 by ericlnz
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi Eric

I have closed the topic about the release of VMSP15 in the Announcements sub-forum.
This was only a general announcement and I should have closed it sooner.

I have moved your new message into the Vegas Movie Studio Forum.
It's best if we keep all new discussions about Vegas Movie Studio 15 inside of here now.

Cheers :)
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:28 Feb 2018 11:38 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: ericlnz

Due to shortly being away from my computer for a few days I don't have too much time now to test MSP 15, but a couple of notes regarding the new UI.
I did not (yet) find a way to turn the event headers off as in VPro 15. That makes the events on the tracks somewhat "crowded" at least. Increasing the track heights eats up space on the timeline. As was promised, there are more options than one (dark and light) in Preferences > Display, Interface Type (four in VPro 15). Have to accept these as Product differentiation I suppose.
by vkmast

• ericlnz
  • ericlnz's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Master
  • Zen Master
  • Thank you received: 308
Yes I agree with the crowded track comment. It makes actual editing less easy as the thumbs aren't as big and as vkmast says increasing the track height eats up space. I also find the track colours showing as background along the timeline distracting.

But at least we can now easily see the active buttons against the dark background. The alternative light option looks old fashioned and I quickly switched back to dark.
by ericlnz

I look forward to seeing a video on the various Jumpstart Templates, Vol. 1: Project Templates, Lower Thirds, Titles, and YouTuber Pack. I used to use a program called Video Motion Pro for intros etc but for the time being have chosen not to reinstall it on my rebuilt SSD. Cheers John
Please be aware that NSA/GCHQ are probably admiring my comments and sent images.
by pioneer

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 1.450 seconds