VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Movie Studio 15 Platinum and Suite - Offer, but in what currency?

As I opened VMSP 14 today the offer to upgrade to Vegas 15 Platinum and Suite popped-up, $49.99 and $89.99 respectively.
Offer valid to 13th March.

But it is not clear if these prices are AUD or USD. I had selected Australia as my country at the beginning.

When I click through to the online details the site is (US), so should I assume the pricing is USD. In my opinion it is bad marketing to publish prices that are not clear as to the currency only to find when the item is added to check-out that the price in AUD is much higher.

Another question, the 'VMS15' posted above, is this applicable only to purchasing from this page or is it available for purchasing from that upgrade pop-up offer?

Any thoughts?
Last Edit:08 Mar 2018 23:52 by descondon
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Hi Des

I didn't realise you live in Australia (or forgot).

The price through the program or via the ad on the MSZ website is identical.
Sometimes I get access to even better deals than what may pop up in the program.
Using the ad (hosted here) costs no more and helps my website and forum earn a small percentage of affiliate commission, to help keep this site running.

Like most software companies on Earth, buying in your local currency (outside of US) adds unnecessarily to the cost, because they never use accurate currency exchange rates and instead hit non-US customers with a B.S. surcharge. For that reason, it is still cheaper to buy in US dollars if you live in a country like Australia - that's exactly what I do. I also recommend paying with Visa and not PayPal, because PayPal also uses their own bullshit currency conversions, that have no relation to actual international currency conversions. Paying with Visa, you pay with the latest currency exchange rates and only have a small exchange rate charge from your local bank. I have done the maths on this time and time again, and this method is the best for Aussies.

*Note: Magix has improved their currency exchange rates dramatically, since the beginning of the year, for some products but not all.

If you want to compare what Magix charges in Australian dollars, press ad at top of page.
Go to bottom of Magix website, press flag and set to Australia.
Select Vegas Movie Studio
Select Platinum or Suite and then press Upgrade button
All Australian prices will have an A before $ sign.
If there is no A before $ sign, assume it is US $.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:15 Mar 2018 23:18 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: descondon

Thank you Derek for your very rapid response.

Yes, in Australia, in very wet FNQ. I appreciate your point about buying and supporting your excellent website. When I am ready I shall do it that way.

Currency exchange rates are so fickle and problematic I basically give up and just pay the price. I know, I should shop around. I usually use PayPal as a security thing rather than compromising my card and, or bank account. Does MasterCard (my option) rate up there with Visa in your opinion?

Thank you for your great response and excellent site, a must-go-to for so many around the world.

I have no experience with Mastercard - I have only ever used Visa my whole life and have always had a good experience when it comes to security and exchange rates.

I do also use PayPal as an extra level of security, especially when buying from smaller vendors who I can't vet properly.
I have taken the gamble that Magix is big enough and that there payment system is modern and secure, so I use Visa with them.
For smaller software companies and online purchase, I always use PayPal now.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: descondon

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.760 seconds