VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 15 - Menu Colours for Light Interface setting

To bad though that Magix hasn't seen this error...

This is not a bug. It is a design choice.
I can understand that the contrast is not high enough for some people's eyes, when using the Light Interface setting.

If you don't like using the Dark Interface and are using the Light Interface instead, it would be better if you made a comment on the official Vegas Movie Studio Forum. Contacting support for such an issue will be a waste of time - I know that may sound harsh, but that is the truth.

www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/vegas-movie-studio-forum/

If would be better if you posted a message on the Vegas Forums and asked for feedback from other users who are also using the Light Interface.
Make sure to explain your issue clearly and then you are more likely to get a response from other users and Magix.

I am a Dark Interface user and prefer this colour scheme, so can't really comment on the Light Interface, which I don't like at all and would never use.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:25 Mar 2018 12:51 by DoctorZen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Michel
  • Michel's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5
  • Thank you received: 32
On my first question on this subject I finish my text with this question: ''If someone has an answer to getting better, lighter aspect of this, to dark for me, I would more that appreciate it...thank you.''

On a follow up to VK I do mention that I will communicate with Magic on this subject and give a similar response on another comment.

I don't know how to qualify the glitch in the concept or design in this case. But as far as I'm concerned if I'm working with an app. that deals with visuals and sound, you'd think that the focus would be in that field so to make the app. the most intuitive and practical for the user, as possible.

I'm not judging anybody who would be comfortable in working like this. Me I just can't. I can't see the contents so I must approach the screen or scroll with the mouse. I'm not satisfied and for that I will be going back to V. 13. Check the menus in 13 Derek and tell me they look like V. 15?

Note: I found this answer via an email I received yesterday. This text does not follow in sequence the previous comments I received from others...weird?

Michel
by Michel

Michel, all the good Doc is saying is that the Magix Vegas MS User Forum is the better way to bring this up. See this comment by the Magix Vegas P.O.
An example is this thread towards the end and the linked thread there, which I happen to remember well as I was one of the critics of the no color option GUI of VMS 14 P. Luckily (for me) most of the issues in the dark option are absent in the VMS 15 P GUI. But nobody is judging you here either :)
Last Edit:26 Mar 2018 02:09 by vkmast

• Michel
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5
HI VK,

I misunderstood Derek's comments and I will go on Magix' forum. I do recall you asking about the interface change in color for V. 15, a while ago, and I decided to buy V.15 based on a bit of optimism and knowing that Pro 15 did have that option, 3 changes of shades in fact. On that matter I would have prefered the lighter V. 13 shade as a second option.

Thanks for that info. and Derek also, I never thought of going on a Magix forum since my questions to them have been very few since owning V.15 since March 8th.

I also seldom went on a Sony forum getting most of my answers on this forum.

Thanks again VK

Michel
by Michel
The following user(s) said Thank You: vkmast

• Michel
  • Zen Level 5
  • Zen Level 5
Hi VK,

I decided in going back to V. 13. Better for my eyes and my patience.

I was on Magix' Forum today. I found this interesting post. I was curious when reading it's title...if you're ever curious...check it out. www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/sorry-i-m-done-with-v15--108715/?page=1

This guy, RP, who initiated the Post, used almost the same words as I did when he wrote it in Sept. 2017. He's talking about the interface and many, many comments following his, do go in the same direction. Naturally, MSP 15 was not out in Sept. 2017. So it's hard to pin point exactly on what Version 15 he's addressing in his comments. I used Pro 15 a few weeks with the lighter (3 options) shade...ok for me.

I'm leaving you this message simply for your information and because you seemed to have an interest with this subject.

Have a nice one.

Michel
by Michel

Michel,
I did know about the thread you mention and that's why I used the screenshots of both VP15 and MSP 15 in my comment for comparison there. VP 15 "RP" referred to has the four options from the first build and there were indeed several comments from disappointed users then, later echoed by yourself regarding the light option in MSP 15. Note that there are a couple of further comments there now.
It remains to be seen what if anything the dev team will do about changing the menu background colour.
by vkmast

A comment from the other Derek (Dr Zen being the one Derek here :) )
edit: make that "three comments" ATM.
Last Edit:04 Apr 2018 10:41 by vkmast

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.861 seconds