VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Welcome Screen for Vegas Movie Studio 15 Platinum

• Bob
  • Bob's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Thank you received: 4

Welcome Screen for Vegas Movie Studio 15 Platinum was created by Bob

Posted 25 Mar 2018 10:54 #1
I downloaded the new VMS 15 with latest fix and inadvertently unchecked the Welcome Screen. Where and how can I get it back? There must be a simple solution that I am missing.
Last Edit:25 Mar 2018 12:27 by Bob
The following user(s) said Thank You: Now Trying

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Welcome Screen for Vegas Movie Studio 15 Platinum

Posted 25 Mar 2018 12:32 #2
The traditional Welcome Screen has been removed from Vegas Movie Studio 15 Platinum.

You can still access your most recently saved projects from the Projects Menu.
There is also the new Quick Start tab on left hand side.
To restore the desktop, go to View/Window Layouts/Default Layout
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:27 Mar 2018 16:49 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bob, Now Trying

Replied by huskereurocat on topic Welcome Screen for Vegas Movie Studio 15 Platinum

Posted 28 Mar 2018 06:43 #3
In this avenue then, is there an easy way to set up projects and folder hierarchies like was present in the old welcome screen. It was cool. All you had to do is start a new project, tick the box at the bottom and your whole project was set up for you, complete with the folders needed. Like below:
Now it's a crap shoot where your renders, media renders and recordings are going to be at. I just used to say place this named project in a MSP Projects folder and MSP14 placed everything in that folder.
Am I missing a setting that should be checked? This seems like a step waaaaaayyyyy back as far as I'm concerned. Kind of like going back to DOS after working with Windows.
Ryzen 5 3600x / x570 motherboard / 32GB G Skill Ripjaws RAM / RX 6700XT 12GB / Crucial P1 M.2 1TB OS drive/Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250GB with multiple SSD's and HDD's
Last Edit:28 Mar 2018 07:04 by huskereurocat
Attachments:

Replied by ericlnz on topic Welcome Screen for Vegas Movie Studio 15 Platinum

Posted 28 Mar 2018 10:37 #4
After opening MS15 Plat go to Project\New. Does this not give you what you got from the Welcome Screen when selecting New. It contains the box at the bottom to tick.
Last Edit:28 Mar 2018 10:37 by ericlnz
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, huskereurocat, Now Trying

Replied by huskereurocat on topic Welcome Screen for Vegas Movie Studio 15 Platinum

Posted 28 Mar 2018 11:51 #5
That was way to simple and shame on me for not clicking on the new button before. I just started adding media to the newly opened VMS15P. I feel like a shmuck! :blush:
Thanks for making life soooooo much easier. :cheer:
Ryzen 5 3600x / x570 motherboard / 32GB G Skill Ripjaws RAM / RX 6700XT 12GB / Crucial P1 M.2 1TB OS drive/Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250GB with multiple SSD's and HDD's
Last Edit:28 Mar 2018 12:12 by huskereurocat

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Welcome Screen for Vegas Movie Studio 15 Platinum

Posted 28 Mar 2018 12:32 #6
Thank you Eric :)

Posting some screen shots for people who may find this post in the future.

Step 1

Step 2
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Attachments:

Replied by ericlnz on topic Welcome Screen for Vegas Movie Studio 15 Platinum

Posted 28 Mar 2018 13:07 #7
I didn't realise the Welcome screen was missing at first until someone mentioned it. Yet I use it every time with MS14 to select the project I want to open! I knew something was different with MS15 but it didn't click.

Currently I'm finishing a couple of projects started in MS14 using MS14 as I still find them slow to open in MS15. I'll change to MS15 for new projects but I'm not keen on the multicolour timeline and event headers that take up too much height. I prefer the cleaner timeline of MS14. But time will tell. I no longer have the problem I had with MS14 with black highlighting against dark grey. Maybe my eyes have changed. The blue highlighting of MS15 is a great improvement though. It's how it should have been with MS14.
by ericlnz

Posted 28 Mar 2018 13:16 #8
I agree 100% on the event headers. They do take up way too much room. If I enlarge them I can't fit all my tracks on the timeline and end up scrolling down to see the bottom couple of tracks. MSP14 was a lot nicer in that regard.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.797 seconds