VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved VMS 15 video and stills on the same timeline.

• Ted
  • Ted's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Thank you received: 1

VMS 15 video and stills on the same timeline. was created by Ted

Posted 27 Mar 2018 18:29 #1
Hi Everyone, Although the new build of VMS Platinum 15 is a big improvement, I am having a problem with rendering 4K MP4 25fps video clips and jpeg stills
on the same timeline, the video renders fine but the stills run through at top speed all jittery with black frames between.
I was able to do this sucessfully on MS 13 and I4. Additionally after downloading MS platinum 15 I am having the same problem on MS14.
Has anyone come across this problem?

Rendering using Magix AVC is a delight as it is so much quicker, very welcome when rendering Phantom 4 footage in 4K @60fps.

Regards
Ted.
Last Edit:27 Mar 2018 22:33 by Ted

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic VMS 15 video and stills on the same timeline.

Posted 28 Mar 2018 12:37 #2
Hi Ted

I need specific details about your project.
Can you upload a copy of your .vf project file to the forum - this file contains no pictures or videos, but will show me all your project settings.

I don't want to say anything further, until I get more specific details about the actual project.
Can you also share which exact output profile you used to render with and any custom settings you may have used ?
Example: MAGIX AVC - Internet 1080p - Frame Rate set to 25 fps or 60 fps ?

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:28 Mar 2018 13:52 by DoctorZen

Replied by ericlnz on topic VMS 15 video and stills on the same timeline.

Posted 28 Mar 2018 13:16 #3
I wonder if it's the Magix AVC codec that is the problem?
by ericlnz

• Ted
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2

Replied by Ted on topic VMS 15 video and stills on the same timeline.

Posted 28 Mar 2018 18:50 #4
Thanks Derek,
I have been doing small trials and don't always keep the project files if they are unsuccessful, however I will try to reproduce the problem and upload it, in the meantime I have successfully rendered a short film using both video clips and stills using Sony Xavcs 3840x2160-25p .

The unsuccessful projects were rendered using Magix AVC Internet 4K 2160p 25fps (Nvidia NVENC) and I believe it was unsuccessful rendering using the same settings without the (Nvidia NVENC)

So maybe ERICLNZ below has nailed it, the MAGIX AVC codec. Is there a workaround though? as most of us have bought this software to use the MAGIX AVC codec. I also use drone footage 4K at 60fps which takes x10 timeline length to render all on a little laptop, so definitely need it for that.
I will attempt to upload a project file for you.

Thanks for your time
Regards
Ted
by Ted

• Ted
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2

Posted 28 Mar 2018 18:52 #5
Thanks Eric,
See my reply to Derek.

Regards Ted.
by Ted

Replied by ericlnz on topic VMS 15 video and stills on the same timeline.

Posted 28 Mar 2018 19:49 #6
Hmm. In the Magix AVC Template Video pane there's a drop down list for Encode Mode. What appears will depend on your system. Presumably Ted that is where you choose Nvidia NVENC? Does it also show MainConcept. If so does that work? If it does I suspect it will be much slower.
Last Edit:18 Apr 2018 22:50 by ericlnz

Replied by DoctorZen on topic VMS 15 video and stills on the same timeline.

Posted 28 Mar 2018 19:55 #7
I'm re-reading your original message.
If I am understanding your original message correctly, your problem is only with rendering .jpeg image files.
You said there are black frames appearing between your image files, after the video has been rendered.
Is this the actual problem?

If that is the problem, I would create a Test Project that only uses .jpeg image files and no video, and see how that behaves after rendering.
Render to the 3 different formats I have listed below. If only one format causes the problem, you will know for sure what is causing the problem.
If all formats create the same problem, you have a problem with the project on timeline.

It could also be the particular combination of settings you are using with the Encoder you have selected.
As Eric has said, which encoder options appear in the custom/advanced settings, will differ on each person's computer, depending on what type of hardware they have installed.

You also said:
I was able to do this successfully on MS 13 and MS 14
What were your Project Property settings in MSP 13 and MSP 14 ?
Which exact output profile and settings did you use in MSP 13 and MSP 14 ?

You also said:
Additionally after downloading MS platinum 15 I am having the same problem on MS14
Installing version 15 should have no effect at all in what happens in version 14.
Only Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 15 has the new MAGIX AVC encoder, so it would be impossible to render to the same format in VMSP14.
If you are also seeing the same problem with v14, which encoder did you use in v14 ?

The main encoder used in Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 13 and 14 is the Mainconcept AVC/AAC encoder.
The new default encoder used in Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 15 is now the MAGIX AVC encoder.

In your newer message, you have now mentioned Sony XAVC.
So if I am following all of this correctly, there are now 3 different/possible output formats you may been experimenting with.
Mainconcept AVC/AAC
Magix AVC/AAC
Sony XAVC

You need to be very specific in telling us what you are doing with each test, otherwise it is impossible to make any useful suggestions and narrow down the actual cause of the problem.

The Mainconcept AVC encoder in v15 has been disabled, but it can be turned back on.
Hold the SHIFT key down and go to Options/Preferences.
Select the Internal tab
Type "avc" into the search box at bottom.
Set Enable Mainconcept AVC... to TRUE and then re-boot Vegas.
You will now see Mainconcept AVC/AAC as an option in the Render As window.

ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:28 Mar 2018 20:00 by DoctorZen
Attachments:

• Ted
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2

Posted 29 Mar 2018 05:53 #8
I have activated Main Concept and have had no problem with 4K video and jpeg files on the same timeline the rendered film is fine.
however a 4 min trial project took 54 min to render, 20min with XAVC. So, Xavc is ok and so is main concept, it must be some setting on Magix AVC .
I will continue with some trials.
by Ted

• Ted
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2

Posted 29 Mar 2018 06:02 #9
Hi Eric, Thanks for the help, main concept works ok so it must be something with Magix AVC as you suspected earlier.
by Ted

• Ted
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2

Posted 29 Mar 2018 06:10 #10
Hi Derek,
Before trialling mainconcept I spent some time compiling a reply to your in depth post. however on submitting it something went awry as it seems to have disappeared. (not the first time for me). I will try again tomorrow.
Thanks.
by Ted

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.821 seconds