VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Cropped Titles in 4K Video

• Videome
  • Videome's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4
  • Thank you received: 67

Cropped Titles in 4K Video was created by Videome

Posted 07 Apr 2018 02:18 #1
I have recently upgraded my camcorder to 4k UHD. Running simple tests at first to get to know the features of the camcorder. I have opened a Movie Studio 15 (MVS15) Platinum project to see how MVS15 handles 4k UHD. No problems there, MVS15 just automatically adjusts to the new project requirements.

The problems I am experiencing are to do with the titles. Despite the project being set to 4K 2160-25P (3840x2160,25fps) the titles are or appear to be cropped to 1920x1080. No matter which titling method I use, Vegas or New Blue Titler pro 6, the titles will not fill the screen. See attached screen shots to see the effect I am experiencing . I have only shown the New Blue results but, I assure you that the Vegas titler does exactly the same.

I assume I am doing something daft, but I need help and guidance to overcome this obstacle at the moment please.
Thank you for any help forthcoming.
Cheers Malc

Last Edit:08 Apr 2018 14:06 by Videome
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Cropped Titles in 4K Video

Posted 07 Apr 2018 13:50 #2
I can see something in the lower left corner of your first screen shot.
It looks like you have placed your New Blue Titler Pro object on the new Picture in Picture track, which is a new feature in Vegas Movie Studio 15 Platinum.

The default setting for any media placed on this track, is to scale it down by 50%.

You have two options:
1. Move your Titler Pro event up onto the Text track.
2. Scale the Picture in Picture track to 100%.

To change the scale of the Picture in Picture track, press Fx button for track and change scale to 1.0

ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrGrunthunter, Videome

• Videome
  • Videome's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 4
  • Zen Level 4
  • Thank you received: 67

Replied by Videome on topic Cropped Titles in 4K Video

Posted 07 Apr 2018 23:26 #3

DoctorZen wrote: I can see something in the lower left corner of your first screen shot.
It looks like you have placed your New Blue Titler Pro object on the new Picture in Picture track, which is a new feature in Vegas Movie Studio 15 Platinum.

Quite correct Derek, well spotted. I knew I had done something daft, just not smart enough to figure it out for myself. Thank you once again for your quick response. So much to gain from being a member of this forum. An interesting new feature having a PnP dedicated track. Once you realise that the fx symbol with a text box symbol gives the user more control over the effect, its great.

Cheers Malc.
by Videome
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 1.198 seconds