VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Upgrade from MS14 to MS15 without paying for it?

Upgrade from MS14 to MS15 without paying for it? was created by delquad4x

Posted 12 Apr 2018 21:09 #1
I've been receiving emails pertaining to the new MS15. But the emails state that I have to purchase it.
I thought that maybe by downloading and installing MS15, then using my current MS14 reg info I was hoping they would unlock the newer version.
But there was no joy.

Is there a free upgrade for MS14 to MS15?
I don't have a problem with companies making money, but to neglect the users in this manner seems pretty arrogant to me.

Thanks for any replies.

- Michael

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Upgrade from MS14 to MS15 without paying for it?

Posted 13 Apr 2018 00:09 #2
New versions (v13, v14, v15,...) of programs are never supplied for free.
Build versions (15.0.0.102, 15.0.0.116, etc....) are supplied for free, for each version that is released.
Build versions fix bugs and add some new features, during the lifetime of each "separate" version.

When you buy any version of Vegas, you get free "build updates" for that version only, during the life of that version.
You are buying a license for one version of the program at a time - not two.
It has been like this since version 1.0 - there is nothing unusual about this practice.

If you want to upgrade to the newest stand alone version of Vegas Movie Studio, you can purchase an upgrade which is available to you at a discounted upgrade price, compared to buying at full price for a first time purchase. If you press the ad on this page, you will find an upgrade button for owners of older versions.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:18 Apr 2018 22:52 by DoctorZen

Replied by BlackSands on topic Upgrade from MS14 to MS15 without paying for it?

Posted 21 Apr 2018 06:26 #3

DoctorZen wrote: If you press the ad on this page, you will find an upgrade button for owners of older versions.

I can't see an option to upgrade to just Movie Studio 15? (i.e. not the platinum or suite bundles). I currently have VMS14-platinum but really I'm not interested in the other stuff so would prefer just to upgrade MS only. Do you know if this is possible?
| Movie Studio 17 / VEGAS Pro 19/20) | Intel i5-3.8gHz | 16Gb | nVidia GTX1030 | NewBlue Transistions 5/TotalFX7 |
Last Edit:21 Apr 2018 06:27 by BlackSands

Replied by vkmast on topic Upgrade from MS14 to MS15 without paying for it?

Posted 21 Apr 2018 08:23 #4

BlackSands wrote: I can't see an option to upgrade to just Movie Studio 15? (i.e. not the platinum or suite bundles). I currently have VMS14-platinum but really I'm not interested in the other stuff so would prefer just to upgrade MS only. Do you know if this is possible?

There seems to be no option to "Upgrade" to plain Movie Studio 15 at a special upgrade price. "New purchase" is then your option to upgrade from MS version 14 to MS version 15.
Last Edit:21 Apr 2018 08:25 by vkmast

Posted 21 Apr 2018 08:34 #5
Thanks. As it happens it turns out that the upgrade price for platinum is the same as the new price for the basic MS15 alone so I ended up opting for the plantinum upgrade afterall!
| Movie Studio 17 / VEGAS Pro 19/20) | Intel i5-3.8gHz | 16Gb | nVidia GTX1030 | NewBlue Transistions 5/TotalFX7 |

Posted 21 Apr 2018 08:39 #6
A good decision. The basic version lacks several features and is seldom if ever recommended.
by vkmast

Posted 21 Apr 2018 08:55 #7

vkmast wrote: A good decision. The basic version lacks several features and is seldom if ever recommended.

Yes.... I noticed that. I don't think it used to be that way though back in the Sony days did it? I might be wrong but I thought the only difference between the 3 options was the additional applications, production loops etc that were included (or otherwise) in the bundle.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Upgrade from MS14 to MS15 without paying for it?

Posted 21 Apr 2018 15:55 #8
NEVER buy the basic non-platinum version of Vegas Movie Studio !!!!!!!!!!!
It is a complete waste of time and I have NEVER recommended anyone buy this version.
The difference between the Platinum and non-platinum versions is dramatic.
90% of people that buy the non-platinum version, regret it immediately.
I wish they would STOP selling it.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:21 Apr 2018 15:57 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: vkmast

Posted 21 Apr 2018 18:47 #9
"I wish they would STOP selling it"

I've suggested that at least once early in the Magix era as well.
Last Edit:21 Apr 2018 18:50 by vkmast

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 1.003 seconds