VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved VMSP 15.0 Build 116 crashes when selecting multiple tracks to move left or right

When editing on the VMSP 15.0 timeline, video or audio events may need to be shortened or lengthened and any following events will need to be moved left or right accordingly.
A simple task in VMSP 14.0 and earlier versions.
But when I select multiple tracks first to then select all to the end, VMSP 15.0 crashes and the problem is designated as an Unmanaged Exception.
Has anybody else experienced this and do you know a solution?
A workaround that I could do, but it creates a lot of extra work, is to render all of the remaining footage and import this onto the timeline as a single video and single audio event to replace the multiple video and audio events (from the crash point to the end). I’m sure it could work but it is a silly solution.
In the attachment I had selected the first event on each track and, before I could select all to the end, it crashed.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I cannot reproduce the problem with VMS15.0 Build 116.

It's not something I'd normally do as I let rippling do such movements.
by ericlnz
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, descondon

Rippling? I tried that in an earlier version, ERICLNZ, but wasn't overly impressed then. Haven't thought of it since. Have just now tried it and it works a treat. Thank you for your clever response.

Thanks Eric for the alternate solution :)

I have not experienced any problems with selecting media in version 15 either.
Like Eric, I also use the Auto-Ripple tool and sometimes use the Selection Edit Tool.
Keep pressing D and it cycles through the different edit modes.
Selection edit is the "dotted rectangle"
Draw out a rectangle around all the items you want to move as one group and then drag the highlighted group.
Keep pressing D to return to Normal Edit Mode.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:29 Apr 2018 16:06 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: descondon

I have used the Ripple effect successfully today, nice function. Thank you to both ERICLNZ and Dr. Zen.

It is important, however, to disable Ripple when moving just one event! Enable ONLY when needing to move multiple events.

When fine editing I'm constantly switching rippling on and off depending on what I'm doing. Likewise with Ignore Event Grouping. With Rippling I have it set on All Tracks, Markers and Regions. I find it pays to think about Rippling and Grouping before every operation. Video making may be an Art but timeline editing I consider is also scientific, at least to the extent that you need to adopt a methodical approach.
Last Edit:01 May 2018 13:43 by ericlnz

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.818 seconds