VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved 3rd party Media Generators for Vegas

3rd party Media Generators for Vegas was created by kkwheeler

Posted 12 May 2018 11:03 #1
Are there any 3rd party vendors that sell nicer-looking Media Generators than the ones that come standard? I've seen some really nice ones for Vegas Pro but the .veg files don't work in Movie Studio. I'm wanting to see if there are any media generators that I can show titles at the bottom of the screen like they do on news broadcasts and sports broadcasts that are animated and maybe kind of fold up into each other or other type of animations. Maybe this is something only Pro can do. I'm new to Movie Studio so maybe I'm asking too much.

Thanks

Kendall
Last Edit:12 May 2018 14:15 by kkwheeler

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic 3rd party Media Generators for Vegas

Posted 12 May 2018 14:26 #2
Hi Kendall

Which exact version of Vegas Movie Studio do you own right now ?

Can you provide a link to the Vegas Pro templates you are talking about ?

You can create your own lower third titles using any Vegas Movie Studio Platinum version.
However, this is not something simple for a beginner to learn quickly, without a tutorial to guide you.
I haven't made any new tutorials for quite some time, but I will be uploading again very, very soon.
Creating lower third titles is one of the new tutorials on my to do list.

Using Vegas MSP you can create simple lower third text events, but you can't do advanced "fancy" stuff using only Vegas MSP that involves complex movements, but you can do sliding style text and backgrounds.

The best solution for creating really professional looking lower third text, is to use one of the advanced 3rd party text generation plugins for New Blue FX or Boris FX.

I use New Blue Titler Pro 6 to create all my animated text.
www.newbluefx.com/products/titling/titler-pro/
NBFX Titler Pro comes packaged with a large collection of animated templates.
Titler Pro is not cheap to buy though, but it does work 100% OK inside of Vegas Movie Studio Platinum.

Regards
Derek
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

Replied by kkwheeler on topic 3rd party Media Generators for Vegas

Posted 12 May 2018 15:13 #3
I found some things here but they are for Pro only. I'm using MSP 15.

www.videotour24.com/v2/src/product/list.php?lan=en&cat=1

Replied by DoctorZen on topic 3rd party Media Generators for Vegas

Posted 12 May 2018 20:30 #4
It's a shame this website doesn't show "video previews" of the templates, because it's difficult to know what they actually do by viewing still image shots only.

If you had bought the "Suite" version, Vegas Movie Studio 15 Suite, that includes a collection of templates to help you get started.

As I said in my first reply to you, I am about to begin uploading regular tutorials again for VMSP15.
I will make a proper tutorial showing how to create lower third text titles.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:17 Jun 2018 11:40 by DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.777 seconds