VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Flagging a clip in the Trimmer window with Regions and Markers

Many of you know that I record football game footage and split out the in-between play crud leaving just clips with plays on them. I would like to know if there is a way to flag a clip so that after I get done cutting out all the garbage footage, I can easily find the clip that may be 20 minutes earlier in the video so that I can add effects to just that clip.
What I do is add crossfades to all the clips at once via VASST EventTools. This is done after splitting and deleting all the stuff that I don't want. If I add a track, add a clip of sound to that track and group the new sound clip to one of the clips that is already on the timeline(the one that I would like to flag), the group gets separated when I create the crossfades via VASST EventTools. And it isn't as easy as re-syncing the group via the right-click on the clip pop up menu. Tried that and the grouped sound clip won't move, at all. Thus why I would like to flag that clip to easily find it in the timeline later.
I saw one persons solution about noting what time that clip is on the timeline, but all that changes when I add the crossfades at the end of the splitting and deleting phase.
I know this may need clarification so please give me questions or feedback on a solution.
Thanks!
Ryzen 5 3600x / x570 motherboard / 32GB G Skill Ripjaws RAM / RX 6700XT 12GB / Crucial P1 M.2 1TB OS drive/Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250GB with multiple SSD's and HDD's
Last Edit:20 May 2018 12:57 by huskereurocat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Flagging a clip in the Trimmer window with Regions and Markers

Posted 19 May 2018 15:09 #2
If I am understanding your message correctly, this is my answer.

Using the Trimmer Window, you can add Markers and Regions and name them anything you like.
You can then save all your Markers/Regions with that video.
When you import the same video into any new Vegas project, all the saved Markers and Regions will appear in the Trimmer Window and main Vegas Timeline.

To open any video in the Trimmer Window, right-click inside the Project Media or Explorer tab and select open in Trimmer.

There is also a hidden menu in the Trimmer Window.
Right-click the bar between Trimmer Timeline and Trimmer Preview Window.

Vegas Timeline showing Regions from Trimmer.

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:20 May 2018 12:57 by DoctorZen
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: huskereurocat

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I was only finding how to add a marker to the timeline header and that would change in relation to where the clip was when I added the crossfades via VASST EventTools. I never even thought about using the trimmer window to add markers and regions to the individual clips. Works great!!!!!
Ryzen 5 3600x / x570 motherboard / 32GB G Skill Ripjaws RAM / RX 6700XT 12GB / Crucial P1 M.2 1TB OS drive/Samsung 960 EVO M.2 250GB with multiple SSD's and HDD's
Last Edit:20 May 2018 12:57 by huskereurocat

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.761 seconds