VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Rendering video in 4K

• scobie
  • scobie's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 0

Rendering video in 4K was created by scobie

Posted 24 Jun 2018 14:47 #1
I have shot some movie footage in 4K format and imported into Movie Studio 14 Platinum. It is possible to set the project properties to match,(i.e. 3840 X2160.) but when I want to render the project under the "MAIN CONCEPT MPEG-2" setting in order to burn to a disc, I find two problems :

1. I cannot set the output to the format 3840X 2160. The highest quality I can find is 1920 X 1080 under Blu-ray disc. How can I render with the output being in 4K ?

2. When I render using this setting, the resulting file format is an ".m2v" file. I have previously rendered with FHD 1920 X 1080 settings using the MAIN CONCEPT MPEG-2 format but with the Program Stream PAL Widescreen Template and the output is in an .mpeg file with which I have no problems. I sometimes load this rendered file into Nero 2016 to actually burn the disc because I find it simple and I like some of their menu options. However, with an .m2v file, I have a problem when using Nero because I get an error message to the effect that it does not recognize the audio file format. Any suggestions ?
Last Edit:24 Jun 2018 23:16 by scobie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Rendering video in 4K

Posted 24 Jun 2018 23:15 #2
4K video is not supported by the Blu-ray format, that is why it is not working.
There is no way for consumers to make 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray discs at the moment.
4K Ultra HD Blu-ray optical drives only allow for playback, not burning 4K as well.

Only the big Hollywood Movie Studios can replicate 4K Blu-ray discs at the moment.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:25 Jun 2018 11:01 by DoctorZen

Replied by ericlnz on topic Rendering video in 4K

Posted 25 Jun 2018 08:27 #3
With your Nero problem your m2v file is video stream only. There is no audio. You need to render this separately. DVDA will then pick up both but Nero won't. Nero needs a file that contains the audio.
Last Edit:03 Jul 2018 11:48 by ericlnz
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.777 seconds