VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Did MSP 13 expand the number of files you can import?

• M2
  • M2's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 0

Did MSP 13 expand the number of files you can import? was created by M2

Posted 15 Aug 2014 09:06 #1
MY MSP 12 64 bit freezes when you try to import more than 50 or so files.( have 8 gig of memory) Even if I import them 10 at a time I get to a certain point and it will hang. I heard that there was a limit for import and wonder if this is true did 13 address it?
Last Edit:25 Sep 2014 01:05 by M2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Did MSP 13 expand the number of files you can import?

Posted 15 Aug 2014 12:38 #2
Hi M2

I don't know of any file limit for importing.
If you tried to import 50x 100GB files, then that would probably be a problem.
What is the total length in time for ALL these 50x files you are trying to import ?
What is the total file size for ALL these 50x files ?
What file extension are they using ?
Where did they come from ? Video Camera, DSLR Camera, Screen Capture.....?

When people have problems importing files, it normally has something to do with the format and video codec being used.
Apple formats can be problematic for some people.
Do you have Apple Quicktime for Windows installed ? Which build version do you have ?
You must have this installed for Movie Studio to work properly with certain file types.

One thing that may help is to do a full program reset.
Over time, garbage files build up in the MS Cache. These can have a negative impact.
A reset cleans the cache and defaults all settings and removes any custom settings you have added. It will not delete your project files and is safe to do.
I think it may be a good idea to try this.
Do this:
Turn Movie Studio/Vegas/DVD Architect Off.
Hold down CONTROL and SHIFT keys at the same time AND ALSO AT THE SAME TIME double click program icon on Desktop to Boot program.
Window will pop up.
Select Delete Cache and Yes.
This will restore program to Factory Default Settings.

Regards
Derek.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:25 Sep 2014 01:05 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: M2

• M2
  • M2's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by M2 on topic Did MSP 13 expand the number of files you can import?

Posted 16 Aug 2014 03:37 #3
Thanks for the fast reply. Glad I found this site.

What is the total length in time for ALL these 50x files you are trying to import ?

About 55 Minutes of footage

What is the total file size for ALL these 50x files ?
4 Gig and 68 files (a lot of short clips)

What file extension are they using ?

Combination of files: mp4 MTS and MOV

Where did they come from ? Video Camera, DSLR Camera, Screen Capture.....?
Sony HD sr11 Camcorder, HD Go Pro, Iphone and Ipad.

The latest Quicktime is installed.

I deleted and reloaded the Movie studio 12 and that didn't help. I thought it might be a memory issue with Movie Studio so I attempted to edit down and trim some of the larger files. In doing so I used Sony Play Memories Home software. It wouldn't let me edit MOV files so I converted them to MP4 using the Play Memories Home software. After I changed the MOV files to MP4 and trimmed them down I was able to get all 68 files imported into MS. Im not sure if it was the reduction in file size or conversion to MP4 that fixed it. I have used MOV files from my iphone before with MS and didn't have an issue.

?? Thanks!
Last Edit:25 Sep 2014 01:05 by M2

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Did MSP 13 expand the number of files you can import?

Posted 16 Aug 2014 13:28 #4
Thanks for providing the information I requested.
As I suspected, the problem is file type.
I have seen many posts of various Sony Vegas Forums, where people have been having problems with certain .MOV video files.
Please note that .MOV is a generic file container, so not all .MOV are the same.
If you do some intensive Googling on this topic, you should find threads on Vegas Forums.
I will leave that up to yourself to investigate if you want to take it further.

At least you have a solution now.

All the best.
Derek :)
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:25 Sep 2014 01:06 by DoctorZen

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.818 seconds