Solved MSP 15 Crashes - Please help !!!

• Thank you received: 3
MSP 15 opens, I can apply edits, etc, video FX and select sections of video from the Trimmer Window.

When I place that clip or other video onto the Timeline, MSP 15 plays in the Preview Window for 10 seconds, then the video freezes, the audio continues - and then MSP 15 crashes completely.

I have tried the Ctrl / Shift and Double Click on the program icon on the desktop to reset back to full default settings, and deleted the cached files. Still the same. MSP crashes.

I have tried different video clips too (in case the clips I tried were corrupted) - same result and MSP 15 crashes.

And I have just tried the same videos and clips in MSP Version 14 - and everything WORKS as it should.

What can I do to fix or repair my version of MSP 15 please ? Do I need to do a re-install maybe ?

Thanks for your help !!

Alan CBT
18 Jul 2018 18:44 #1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1490
Have you tried re-booting your computer ?

This is a the very first thing I always do, when any program suddenly starts crashing.
Re-booting guarantees that any processes running in the memory are killed off.

Have you installed build version #116 ?
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/vegas-movie-studio-15-update-build-106-116--110830/

How long have you been using Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 15 ?
Was it working OK before and then suddenly went bad today ?
If it was working OK before, but suddenly started crashing, that would indicate something else on your computer has changed and/or a setting in Vegas has changed.

I always look at GPU settings first, when this type of thing starts to happen.
Go to Options/Preferences/Video - GPU Acceleration
Which GPU options do you have available ?
Which GPU do you have turned ON ?

What Driver version for your Graphics Card do you have installed ?
Sometimes Nvidia or AMD may release a bad Driver that screws up Vegas...
Rolling back to a slightly older version is a good place to start.
:idea: Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Peace :)
18 Jul 2018 18:58 #2

• Thank you received: 3
Hi Derek,

Thank you for such a quick response. My answers are IN CAPITALS BELOW. SEE BELOW - FOR THE ANSWERS AND THE SOLUTION !!!

Have you tried re-booting your computer ? YES, TRIED BOTH A RESTART AND A FULL SHUTDOWN - SAME CRASH

This is a the very first thing I always do, when any program suddenly starts crashing.
Re-booting guarantees that any processes running in the memory are killed off.

Have you installed build version #116 ? YES I WAITED UNTIL YOU TOLD US THAT BUILD 116 FIXED THE BUGS BEFORE I UPDATED TO VERSION 15 !!
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/vegas-movie-studio-15-update-build-106-116--110830/

How long have you been using Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 15 ? SINCE BUILD 116 RELEASED
Was it working OK before and then suddenly went bad today ? WORKED GREAT UNTIL THIS MORNING
If it was working OK before, but suddenly started crashing, that would indicate something else on your computer has changed and/or a setting in Vegas has changed. SOMETHING MAY HAVE CHANGED

I always look at GPU settings first, when this type of thing starts to happen.
Go to Options/Preferences/Video - GPU Acceleration
Which GPU options do you have available ? OPTIONS AVAILABLE ARE - OFF; ADVANCED MICRO DEVICES INC (Iceland); INTEL(R) CORPORATION INTEL(R) UHD GRAPHICS 620
Which GPU do you have turned ON ? I HAD THE GPU ACCELERATION "ON" FOR THE INTEL UHD GRAPHICS 620

What Driver version for your Graphics Card do you have installed ? LATEST VERSIONS OF ALL DRIVERS INSTALLED
Sometimes Nvidia or AMD may release a bad Driver that screws up Vegas...MY DISPLAY ADAPTERS ARE - INTEL GRAPHICS UHD 620 AND RADEON 530
Rolling back to a slightly older version is a good place to start.

I DID AS YOU SUGGESTED AND STARTED AT THE GPU.

I turned OFF the GPU Accelleration - and Bingo - MSP 15 works perfectly !!

I turned ON the GPU Acceleration for the AMD and the program still works, but the audio output no longer switches from the laptop speakers to my headphones - wierd. If I turn the INTEL Acceleration back on, MSP 15 again freezes and crashes.

Even with the Preview Window set at Best (Full) there is no delay whatsoever in the playback from the Timeline even with the GPU Acceleration turned off.

I can only guess now that some kind of Gremlin must have got into my laptop last night and switched the GPU Settings !!!

Thank you again Doctor Zen - Its great to have you out there with the ladder to help us get out of the deep holes !!

Best regards,

Alan CBT
18 Jul 2018 19:45 #3

*Moderator Edit - I have moved this thread into the Vegas Movie Studio forum*

From what you have reported back, it sounds like some type of software update or Windows update, has affected your Intel Integrated Graphics.

Are you using a Laptop or Desktop computer ?
If it is a laptop, ignore what I am about to say.
If it is a desktop, keep reading...
If you are, it might be worth turning the back of the computer around and checking that your monitor is connected to the correct Display Output.

When a computer has integrated Intel graphics and a dedicated AMD (or Nvidia) graphics card, there should be 2x Display Outputs for connecting the monitor.
The one located near the top of computer (at back) will be the one meant for Intel graphics - it should be positioned vertically.
There should also be a second display output closer to the bottom, in a horizontal configuration.
This connects directly to your AMD Radeon graphics card.
Make sure your monitor is connected to this output and not the top one.

The problem with the audio should be able to be fixed, by changing the settings in your Windows Sound Card.
Graphics Card Drivers come with Audio Drivers, but it is better to use the Audio Drivers for Motherboard instead.
Right-click the tiny speaker icon in bottom right taskbar.
Select Sounds, then go to the Playback tab.
If you right-click each device, you can disable or set as default device.
My guess is the wrong device is trying to take over, and you need to make a different device the primary audio output.

:idea: Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
18 Jul 2018 22:25 #4
Attachments:

If you have plenty of time, you may like to try this.
Open the Windows Device Manager.
Type "device manager" into the Windows search box (lower left corner).
Open Device Manager.

Windows can automatically look for any available New Drivers and install them for you.
Press the tiny triangle next to each group.
Inside will be listed many items.
Right-click each one, one at a time, and select Update Driver.
My guess is you will find at least a couple of Driver updates.
You may get one that fixes your Intel CPU/GPU problem.

18 Jul 2018 22:32 #5
Attachments:

Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds

Make a Donation

Movie Studio Zen is a fully independent site and all our content is free. You can help support this site by making a PayPal donation.

MSZ Social Media

youtube  facebook  twitter

MovieStudioZen.com

Copyright © 2021 MovieStudioZen.com.
All rights reserved.