VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Not Responding message being reported by Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 15

• Treff
  • Treff's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Thank you received: 1
I have Movie Studio Platinum 15, Build 116. During the day, I have frequent 'stoppages' of MSP15 with the 'Not Responding' words at the top of the program. During the early morning hours, Pacific Time, around 3am, I have few, if any 'stoppages'.

Does MSP15 'talk' to the company website when you are using the program?

Right now, in Spokane, WA, at 11am, 'Not Responding' is occurring AT PEAK INTERNET USAGE, CITY WIDE and I had to shut it down until tomorrow morning, when I get up to use the restroom: and invariably it works better.

Sorry to ask these bizarre questions...

Or is something else happening that this dolt is missing?
Last Edit:25 Jul 2018 07:57 by Treff

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The Internet should have no effect on how Vegas Movie Studio operates.
There are only two functions that require an Internet connection.
1. Activation of the program after an install or build update is applied.
2. Activation of Video Codec licenses - this is a one time operation and does not need to be repeated.

As a general rule, the first thing I always do when any version of Vegas starts crashing frequently, is to re-boot my computer.
I always do a re-boot before I begin a render of a big project.

I have had a lot of experience with the "Not Responding" message.
When I am working on really big and complex projects, it is not uncommon for the program to crash and report "not responding".
The main reason for this always seems to be caused by 3rd party Video FX and/or Events like New Blue FX Titler Pro events.
I use Titler Pro in just about every project I make. The more Titler Pro events I place in a project, the more my project becomes unstable.

It's not just New Blue FX that can cause problems, so if you are using a 3rd party plugin, I would look at that first.

Another thing I have started to do when Vegas starts acting up, is cleaning the Temporary Files Cache.
You can do a full program reset to clean the cache or simply delete everything in the cache yourself.
Location of cache on your computer can be found in Options/Preferences/General - bottom of window.

If you are using New Blue Titler Pro, I recommend you do regular cleans of the Titler Pro cache.
I recently discovered this cache when Titler Pro started "flashing" in the Preview Window - this cache can get very large!
Cleaning the cache fixed the problem.
Cache location for Titler Pro is here:
C:\Users\Your_User_Name\AppData\Local\Temp\Titler Pro

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:10 Aug 2018 19:21 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eagle Six

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.719 seconds