VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved (#100) No permission to publish the video

• Treff
  • Treff's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Level 2
  • Zen Level 2
  • Thank you received: 1

(#100) No permission to publish the video was created by Treff

Posted 03 Aug 2018 11:14 #1
a couple of weeks ago I started uploading videos to Facebook using VMS Platinum 15 and I was sucessful in several uploads. Now I'm getting this error message:
(#100) No permission to publish the video

any suggestions?

Thanks!
Last Edit:03 Aug 2018 14:15 by Treff

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by ericlnz on topic (#100) No permission to publish the video

Posted 03 Aug 2018 12:28 #2
Looks like a Facebook problem so best you take it up with them. Does Facebook have a user forum?
by ericlnz
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

Replied by DoctorZen on topic (#100) No permission to publish the video

Posted 03 Aug 2018 14:21 #3
I advise everyone to never use the "Upload" apps in Vegas.
These apps render your video first and then upload the video file.

Using this method gives you no opportunity to review your video before you upload and make sure there are no mistakes in the video.
If you discover a mistake, it's already been uploaded to Facebook or YouTube - now you are going to have to delete the live video and start again.

My advise is to always render your videos first.
Then review (play) the video.
And finally use the Upload buttons on Facebook or YouTube to upload your video - don't use Vegas to upload videos - it's a gimmick.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:10 Aug 2018 19:21 by DoctorZen

Replied by MEFlyingV on topic (#100) No permission to publish the video

Posted 21 May 2020 23:40 #4
Hello. I am using Movie Studio 17 Platinum, trying to upload to Facebook directly for the first time. I am getting the same error. Did anyone figure this out?

Posted 22 May 2020 08:07 #5
Hi MEFlyingV - Welcome to the MSZ Forum :)

MEFlyingV wrote: Hello. I am using Movie Studio 17 Platinum, trying to upload to Facebook directly for the first time. I am getting the same error. Did anyone figure this out?

As I previously stated, I would recommend you forget about trying to use this function.
The reason why it doesn't work is because Facebook is continually changing the code they use, and when this happens it breaks the upload link.

Personally I would never direct upload to any website, because you really should be reviewing your video after it is rendered, but before it is uploaded - you can't do that using the direct upload function.

This is the workflow I use for uploading to Facebook and YouTube
1. Go to Project/Render As
2. Select Magix AVC/AAC and then select a Template that matches your Project Properties.
Make sure to select a template that uses the same Frame Rate your project uses!

If you have a modern Nvidia graphics card, you may see NVENC options - if you select one of these, your graphics card will render the video.
If you have a modern AMD graphics card, you may see VCE options - if you select one of these, your graphics card will render the video.
All other templates use your CPU to do the rendering - CPU rendering produces the best quality, but is normally slower.

Make sure to set the Output Folder location before you begin rendering - this is where you will upload your video from!

3. After video is rendered, make sure to play it back and check for any errors.

4. Now login to Facebook and upload video using Facebook controls (don't use Vegas to Facebook upload function).
Navigate to folder where video was saved to and select it - it will now upload to Facebook.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:22 May 2020 20:28 by DoctorZen

Replied by Richard Jones on topic (#100) No permission to publish the video

Posted 22 May 2020 17:35 #6
Does the same procedure apply when loading up to YouTube and am I right in thinking that they have a system which will identify any copyrighted music which might have been included and so block the upload from the page?

Best Wishes, Richard

Posted 23 May 2020 12:36 #7

Does the same procedure apply when loading up to YouTube and am I right in thinking that they have a system which will identify any copyrighted music which might have been included and so block the upload from the page?

YouTube and Facebook work in a similar way.
Don't use the automated Vegas (Facebook & YouTube) upload function - it's there for absolute beginners only.
I've already explained this twice now, in this forum thread.

If you are manually uploading to YT (the way I recommend) and it won't upload, there must be a problem with the video file you are trying to use OR your web browser needs cleaning. When uploads keep failing, I recommend you first try a different web browser. If a different web browser doesn't work either, clean/delete ALL your history, cookies and cache. If that does not work, re-boot your modem/router and also re-boot your computer.

No video should be getting blocked by YouTube during the upload process.
It's only after the full video is uploaded and processed by YouTube, that the YT bot scans for copyrighted music.
If your account is monetised, videos with copyrighted music will not be able to earn any ad revenue.
It depends on which country you live in as well - often if copyrighted music is detected, YT just Mutes the audio.
Last Edit:23 May 2020 12:37 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: Richard Jones

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.865 seconds