VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Is is safe to delete older versions of Movie Studio Patinum ?

I have just upgraded today to MSP Version 15, Build 116. It's working fine.

However, I see that my previous versions of MSP, versions 13 and 14 are still on my computer. They still run.

Is is safe to delete these ? Or do I need to keep older versions for any reason ?

Thanks in advance and regards to all who have answers !!

Alan CBT
Last Edit:20 Apr 2018 00:02 by Alan CBT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Is is safe to delete older versions of Movie Studio Patinum ?

Posted 20 Apr 2018 12:36 #2
All Vegas Movie Studio programs are standalone versions and do not interact with each other.
When you buy an upgrade and install it, it does not touch any previously installed versions.

Personally I would keep your older versions installed for some time, just in case you need to open some really old projects with those older versions of Vegas. Once you open an old project with a newer version of Vegas, and then re-save it with that newer version, you will never be able to open that project again in the older version of Vegas.

Sometimes parts of older projects will only work in the version they were created in. The wise thing to do is create copies of your older projects first, before you try and open/re-save them with newer versions of Vegas, otherwise you could end up losing an important project.
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: vkmast, Alan CBT

Replied by vkmast on topic Is is safe to delete older versions of Movie Studio Patinum ?

Posted 20 Apr 2018 17:54 #3
Excellent advice as always. Be sure to do what the Doctor ordered.
by vkmast
The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen

I Have recently purchased MSP 15 just before Xmas, I downloaded the latest update of msp 15 and a message popped up telling me it could not install until the older version was uninstalled. I uninstalled and then reinstalled the new version with no issues all my files were safe and the product key was not removed which meant I could just continue.

Replied by ericlnz on topic Is is safe to delete older versions of Movie Studio Patinum ?

Posted 02 Jan 2019 19:59 #5
Actually the discussion is about having different versions e.g 13, 14, 15 and so on. Updating your version 15 to a new 15 build is different.
by ericlnz

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 1.113 seconds