VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Movie Studio Platinum 14 Build 148 Media Generators problem - window cut off

• PTCX
  • PTCX's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 1
I have a problem with media generators in Movie Studio Platinum 14 build 148.
I'm using Windows 10 Premium.

The window for all media generators is cut off down the right hand side so many of the controls are not visible or only partially visible so can not be manipulated.
This leaves me unable to animate titles or change the size of fonts in credits for example.

The only workaround I have is to use MSP 12/13 to create and render media then import into MSP 14.This works but it's cumbersome and time consuming.

I only have two build versions to work with,the original,105 I think,and 148 which I recently downloaded from Magix.
Is there another build version that has no issues that can be downloaded somewhere?
148 was the only one I could find on the Magix site.

If anyone has a fix for this problem I would greatly appreciate the help.

I have a request for help lodged with Magix support,what are they like in response to calls for help?
Last Edit:27 Aug 2018 11:32 by PTCX
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DoctorZen, PTCX

vkmast wrote: Read these threads (and some of the links included there)
forums.creativecow.net/thread/24/1022241
www.vegascreativesoftware.info/us/forum/text-window-in-vegas-14-15-still-not-working-great-for-subtitles--108747/

Thanks for posting those links vkmast :!: :arrow: :idea:

I have never experienced this problem myself, in any version of Vegas.
The first thing I would recommend you check, is to make sure you have not changed the DPI scaling in Windows.
Open Windows 1o Settings window and go to System - Display
Scroll down right side options and make sure scaling is set to 100%

If your Graphics Card Driver settings are also not set to 100% scaling, that can cause same problem.

If the above basic settings are OK, you need to look at all the different suggestions posted in links vkmast supplied.
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:27 Aug 2018 11:33 by DoctorZen
The following user(s) said Thank You: vkmast

• PTCX
  • PTCX's Avatar Offline Topic Author
  • Zen Newbie
  • Zen Newbie
  • Thank you received: 1
Thankyou vkmast.
The problem was the font "MS Sans Serif 8,10,12,14,18,24" was not present in my registry but downloading,installing & modifying it,adding the "R", fixed the problem.
Thanks again.
Last Edit:27 Aug 2018 11:33 by PTCX
The following user(s) said Thank You: vkmast

PTCX, good to read that you found the solution. Several users on the "official" Magix Vegas (and a couple of other) forums have reported having success with a similar or slightly different suggestion.
Last Edit:27 Aug 2018 11:33 by vkmast

PTCX wrote: Thankyou vkmast.
The problem was the font "MS Sans Serif 8,10,12,14,18,24" was not present in my registry but downloading,installing & modifying it,adding the "R", fixed the problem.
Thanks again.

Thank you for posting the solution that fixed the problem.
This is sure to help someone else in the future.
Cheers :)
ℹ️ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 1.196 seconds