VEGAS Pro 21 - On Sale Now!
DISCLOSURE: Movie Studio Zen is supported by its audience. When you purchase through links on this site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Solved Applying the Pan Crop function

Applying the Pan Crop function was created by mvd0541

Posted 18 Sep 2018 06:55 #1
I am using Movie Studio 15.0 Platinum - version 146. When I apply the Pan/Crop function to a video clip the play-back is not smooth, but rather halting and staccato. This is before rendering of course. Will the smoothness of the playback be restored after rendering? In your demo YouTube video, when you apply Pan/Crop the playback is instantly smooth. Thanks
by mvd0541

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Replied by DoctorZen on topic Applying the Pan Crop function

Posted 18 Sep 2018 08:59 #2
Hi mvd0541

Normally just applying a basic crop should not cause stutter in the Preview window.
If you added key-frames to make it pan/zoom, that could cause some stutter if your CPU and/or GPU is only low powered.

Once the video has been rendered, you won't see any problems.

To improve playback performance while editing, I recommend you watch this tutorial for tips on things to try.
www.moviestudiozen.com/free-tutorials/sony-vegas-pro/553-sony-vegas-zen-tips-3-preview-lag

Regards
Derek
ℹī¸ Remember to turn everything off at least once a week, including your brain, then sit somewhere quiet and just chill out.
Unplugging is the best way to find solutions to your problems. If you would like to share some love, post a customer testimonial or make a donation.
Last Edit:25 Sep 2018 08:08 by DoctorZen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Moderators: DoctorZen
Time to create page: 0.718 seconds